Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Game Origins (What's the origin of...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
MasterGiga
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
IP: Logged
icon Game Origins (0)  
Okay, I thought this one up earlier today.

Game Origins:

Rules:

1. Members post the name of a Game or character, monster, or location/place within a game. The games can be from any console ever to be released in the US. These will probably be RPGs, action/adventure, platform, and FPS games. Even puzzle games in some cases, especially when the game origin is all that is requested.

2. The object is to be the first to correctly answer by specifying the EXACT origin of whatever is asked. Rank points are to be rewarded TO those who answer first and correctly and BY the original poster of the request (not me, of course). Anyone can post a different game title, character, location, or monster at anytime. Just be sure you can give at least ONE rank point to the person who guesses correctly. I'll probably eventually reward more points to those who can correctly answer a difficult origin request.

3. An origin will be either Game (just the game's title) or In-game (characters, locations, or monsters from the game.).

4. Origins must be as detailed and specific as possible (excluding decimal version numbers). Each item will be contain a certain number of fields: For Game types there will be Developer, year of release (YEAR ONLY), name of the console, and the simplified name of the game IN ANY ORDER. For In-game types, the fields will be Simplified game title, World/Realm/Dimension, Country, City/Town/Village, Dungeon/cave/etc...IN THAT ORDER. After that point would be the origin of the character or monster, which doesn't have to be listed again. For any kind of location, you'll go a bit higher, maybe up to City and request the origin of a dungeon.

5. Head your posts for requests AND answers appropriately. For a new request- Origin request, Origin type, Amount of fields expected in answer. Under the header you can type whatever you want, its your post. You can highlight the origin request OR answer however you wish, just don't attempt to damage our eyes. I recommend using the format that the request poster uses in the request for the answer also. To be quick and simple, you can just do a quote reply for the question and then type the answer in bold-face.

6. ORIGINAL REQUEST POSTER'S DECISIONS ARE FINAL!

Now for two great examples of this game:

1. Request: What is the origin of DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold?

Game origin
4 fields

You should know this one!!!

The answer would be:

Answer: What is the origin of DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold?

Deadly Rooms of Death-Journey to Rooted Hold, Caravel Games, 2005, PC.

Remember: Only the game origin fields can go in ANY order.

2. Request: What is the origin of the Neather?

In-game origin
3 fields

I'm not looking for the world or country fields.

The answer would be:

Answer: What is the origin of the Neather?

Deadly Rooms of Death, King Dugan's Dungeon, Twenty-Fifth Level.

7. Other things to remember: If a game has multiple platforms (PS2, Xbox, & PC), you can answer with either one. When simplifying game names/titles, don't include decimal version numbers such as 1.6 or 34.2, UNLESS its officially included within the title by publishers and developers. An example would be that great game we all love, DROD. Don't include V1.6 or 2.1 or anything like that. Its just not necessary. The name of the game will ALWAYS be an included field. The request poster shouldn't exclude the title even if they do for the World/Realm/Dimension field or another field. A request poster MUST cite what will be excluded beforehand so no one will answer with the wrong fields. If a game has multiple developers or such, list ALL of them in an answer UNLESS the request poster says otherwise. I wouldn't recommend editing any answers. Its a first come, first served thing, but request posters should think twice about declaring an edited answer the winner. BE CAREFUL AND CERTAIN WHEN ANSWERING.

If you get the major points, start posting! Or you could leave, that's your own decision to make.
:D

[Edited by MasterGiga at Local Time:04-14-2005 at 02:35 AM]

[Edited by MasterGiga at Local Time:04-15-2005 at 01:47 AM]

04-13-2005 at 09:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MasterGiga
icon Re: Game Origins (0)  
For my first one...

Request: What is the origin of Ghoma?

4 fields
Exclude World/Realm/Dimension field only.

Good luck!

[Edited by MasterGiga at Local Time:04-13-2005 at 09:17 PM]

04-13-2005 at 09:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hix
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 106
icon Re: Game Origins (+1)  

4 fields
Answer: The Legend of Zelda/land of Hyrule/unnamed kingdom/Dragon Labyrinth (First Quest, Level 6)

Am I doing this right?
04-14-2005 at 11:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MasterGiga
Hix wrote:

4 fields
Answer: The Legend of Zelda/land of Hyrule/unnamed kingdom/Dragon Labyrinth (First Quest, Level 6)

Am I doing this right?

You're answering correctly, but that's not the answer I was looking for. I probably shouldn't have used that monster since it appears in up to three games...

But you get credit for that one because its correct in the game you're referring to. Good job! :)

And I'll go on and give the original answer that I was seeking:

Answer:What is the origin of Ghoma?

The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, Hyrule, Kokiri Forest, Great Deku Tree.

I'll be posting a much tougher one later. :D

04-15-2005 at 01:45 AM
MasterGiga
Now, a tougher and more complex one...unless you play a lot of games. :D

Request: What is the origin of Ramon Salazar?

In-game origin
5 fields
Exclude the City/Town/Village field only.

HINT: The last field pertains to the Dungeon/Cave/etc. field.
Fields will look like:
1st/2nd/3rd/4th/Sub-section of the 4th field/

Good luck!

04-17-2005 at 04:26 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Game Origins (What's the origin of...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com