Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Good, free synth software (Does it exist?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Fafnir
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 315
IP: Logged
icon Good, free synth software (+1)  
So the tech rehearsal for the school play is getting uncomfortably close and I'm looking for some synth software to make parts of the music. And I've come to the conclusion that, when it comes to synth software, you can pick two out of these three properties:

- Good.
- Free.
- Documentation not written by an infinite number of monkeys at a single typewriter.

So am I wrong? Is there good software out there? If you have any experience with this sort of thing, please help!

The work I need to do is relatively simple, and I'm a fast enough learner if the documentation is complete. I'll use any type of software (i.e. tracker, sequencer or something completely different), but the instruments have to sound realistic (i.e. probably not MIDI) and be freely available (so probably soundfonts/samples over VST).

Thanks in advance!

N.B. Apologies for the grammar (or lack thereof) - it's late over here. Me sleep now...

04-10-2005 at 11:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Good, free synth software (Does it exist?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com