Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Return to the Pitiful (The Pitiful Returns! It should be nearly flawless now.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Ameph
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 29
IP: Logged

File: Return to the Pitiful.hold (142 KB)
Downloaded 134 times.
License: Other
icon Return to the Pitiful (+6)  
If the Pitiful still has some flaws...I'll resort to violence and eat my hat. :angry

*Chews on hat*

[Edited by Ameph at Local Time:04-11-2005 at 05:25 PM]

04-08-2005 at 06:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jdyer
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 330
icon Re: Return to the Pitiful (0)  
Don't be discouraged by the lack of comments yet. I was meaning to try this one but I need to finish trying Noah's first and I'm still in the middle of playing JtRH besides.
04-11-2005 at 04:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stefan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2119
icon Re: Return to the Pitiful (+2)  
Ameph wrote:
If the Pitiful still has some flaws...I'll resort to violence and eat my hat. :angry
Ok, it still has some flaws. Now I want to see you resort to violence and eat your hat! :)

First of all, let me just say that I think that this is a very nice hold, although it suffers a bit from a lack of playtesting. It's not a very difficult hold (I started playing it about 12 hours ago (however, I've played levels 1-10 before)), but there's some interesting puzzles in it, and it's good to have a hold this size that isn't overly difficult.

What bothered me somewhat (on every level) was the lack of a checkpoint near the stairs down to the next level. It's not a very serious issue, but it still bothers me.

An another thing that puzzled me was that the hold was made with JtRH (and by another player), which means that you can't replace the buggy hold on the Holds-board with this one (I think).

A lot of rooms have multiple solutions. If a solution felt too easy, I've reported about it.

Critical bugs are italicized. This may contain spoilers, so I'll put it in secret tags.

Click here to view the secret text

If I find anything else, I'll let you know.

04-11-2005 at 04:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ameph
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 29
icon Re: Return to the Pitiful (+1)  
Okay...I fixed a few things today. *still eating hat*

04-12-2005 at 01:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
I sent Stefan a PM asking about the latest version of the hold; if Ameph isn't around any more it would be nice to get a solvable version up on the Holds board. If necessary I think someone on the dev team can fix the hold and make it so it will update correctly in-game, but if all we have to do is make this version AE then that's probably a better solution (assuming it has no JtRH elements in it).

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-19-2005 at 11:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Anyone here have AOL instant messenger? Maybe you could chat "AmephEstMako" and ask him to come look at this topic.

-Erik

08-20-2005 at 12:47 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
I added him to my buddy list; he's not on right now but if I see him (and remember who he is...I'm really absent-minded sometimes) I will ask him.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-20-2005 at 01:13 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Return to the Pitiful (The Pitiful Returns! It should be nearly flawless now.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com