Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Unable to download holds
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
krammer
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 904
IP: Logged
icon Unable to download holds (0)  
I have recently found that downloading holds as attachments doesn't seem to work. If I click the link, nothing happens. If I right click and Save Link As then it tries to save as "blah.hold.php?id=xxxxxx", where xxxxxx is the attachment number. If I delete the extension to just .hold it works fine, but it's convoluted and irritating. I can download all other attachments fine and I'm guessing it's not happening to anyone else. Any ideas what could be causing it? Using Firefox 1.2 on Windows XP.

"Oook!"
04-07-2005 at 10:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: Unable to download holds (0)  
Is this for every single hold? Or any one in particular? I tried a few and was unable to reproduce it. If you would, please post a link to an attachment that doesn't work.

Having it specific to just .hold files doesn't make sense to me... I don't treat them any different than other attachments. :?

04-08-2005 at 05:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Krishh
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 282
This hold certainly doesn't seem to work for anyone, considering the 0 downloads.
04-08-2005 at 06:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
Krishh wrote:
This hold certainly doesn't seem to work for anyone, considering the 0 downloads.
A look in the database shows that that upload is screwed up - it's 0 bytes. For now, I'll just delete the attachment and PM sims5000 to see if he can try to re-upload it.

04-08-2005 at 06:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
krammer
I thought it may be something to do with one of my Firefox extensions, but I've reset it to the way it was before and it's still not working. Strange thing is it does work in IE, so it must be my end not yours. Bizarre. And it's definitely all hold files, whether from holds or any other board.

"Oook!"
04-08-2005 at 07:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
krammer
Ignore me - it was an extension thing. Problem is now fixed. Sorry for wasting your time...

"Oook!"
04-09-2005 at 05:44 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Unable to download holds
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com