Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : JtRH : Level 15, 1N3E (ARGH!)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Fafnir
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 315
IP: Logged
icon JtRH : Level 15, 1N3E (0)  
OK, I just can't seem to figure this one out. This is the room with the stone golems, the tunnels and the decoy potions. I have failed utterly to beat it and hang my head in shame. Please help?

Thanks in advance!

04-05-2005 at 09:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: JtRH : Level 15, 1N3E (+1)  
Well, this is one of my rooms, so I'll mention how I intended it to be solved...Dimono was able to do it in an entirely different way in beta though (which I can't remember at the moment).

Click here to view the secret text

That should be everything...

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-05-2005 at 09:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
ooo, boy, that's a toughy. I left it until I had no other choice but to confront it.

First question: where's your gut instinct to place the decoys? mine was

And what good would the do there?

Next, where else could you kill golems so that they don't get in the way?

Finally, when only a few (maybe 6-8) golems are left in the bottom chamber, kill them down there.

ok, so how to accomplish all this? A general hint: only bite off a few golems at a time. Use the portals down to the SE and SW rooms to keep the waiting golems off to the side so they don't come up the center before you're ready for them.

edit: whoops oneiromancer beat me to it....

[Edited by stigant at Local Time:04-05-2005 at 09:18 PM]

04-05-2005 at 09:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
enzi666
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 161
icon Re: JtRH : Level 15, 1N3E (0)  
Hi!

I'm completely stuck in this room.

This is the place were I place my decoys.

Dont be shy, you can give me some serious spoilers. This is the second day I'm in this room. :~(

Thanx in advance!
Enzi

P.S.: oneiromancer, your rooms are hard as hell.

DROD AE: Finished - KDD2: Mastered
JTRH: Mastered
TCB: Mastered - RPG: Finished
GatEB: Mastered - TSS: Mastered
04-11-2005 at 06:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
I don't understand...how can you place your decoys in the hallway and get the golems into the dead ends?

Also, while I won't argue that I do make some tough rooms, by the time you get to this room you've only played...3 of my rooms in JtRH, 4 if you've found one which is a secret room. Unless you're counting Treasure Hunt, I wonder if you're mistaking some other rooms for mine.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-11-2005 at 06:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
enzi666
pheww, made it.
THIS was really the toughest room till now.
I know smoking is bad, but I really need a cigarette.

@oneiromancer, in other holds I had problems with some rooms and nearly everytime you wrote, this is one of my rooms.
And in this hold it's the same.
Don't get me wrong, I love your rooms. There's no better feeling than solving such rooms. (Ok there are better feelings, but not on a pc)
But after shouting and bitching around in front of my monitor I calm down and think of what I can do to solve it.

Now I will look at the other demos. Let's see how they made it.

So, the conclusion of this post, all my respect goes to you and for this room.

man, i'm getting kind of euphoric after solving this. :w00t

[Edited by enzi666 at Local Time:04-11-2005 at 08:09 PM]

04-11-2005 at 08:09 PM
Oneiromancer
enzi666 wrote:
@oneiromancer, in other holds I had problems with some rooms and nearly everytime you wrote, this is one of my rooms.
And in this hold it's the same.

I'm not really offended...just confused. I have one published hold--Treasure Hunt. I haven't made any rooms for any other published holds except for JtRH...and while yes, I have taken the "blame" for hard rooms, they are usually this one and level 25, 1N 4E, which you haven't gotten to yet.

I see now that you asked for a hint on level 8, 3S 2E, which is also my room...so I guess I see kind of where you're coming from...but really that's only one other room in JtRH you're pointing out, not in other holds...

Game on,

04-11-2005 at 08:20 PM
enzi666
hmm kind of confused now myself.
Lvl8 - 3S2E, for this room I needed help too. Looked for half an hour on the screen and I didn't come up with a solution.
Then I looked on the board and you stated that you made originally for a compilation.
And yes I played some rooms of treasure hunt. Not all. :blush

04-11-2005 at 08:25 PM
Oneiromancer
The compilation I made it for was never released, so this hold is the first time anyone but Eytan saw it. ;)

Well, seems like things are a bit more cleared up.

Game on,

04-11-2005 at 08:33 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I'm a little sad I'm not getting blamed for the Slayer chase. I guess I shoulda made more rooms, so people could blame me for them.

Matt

04-12-2005 at 06:16 PM
Oneiromancer
I think it's because we finally toned down 4S of level 8. If we hadn't done that, I am sure there would have been an outcry.

Game on,

04-12-2005 at 06:40 PM
swann_88
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 87
I did it slightly differently

also
I can't view the screenshot
it says I haven't completed this room yet although I have
do I have to finish the level?

[Edited by swann_88 at Local Time:04-14-2005 at 10:18 PM]
04-14-2005 at 10:17 PM
SbCl3
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 61
I remember doing this room without putting the decoys anywhere but the bottom...I remember using almost every possible space that I could to kill the rock golems in, I think 6 in each of those 3x3 areas and then a few more in the tunnels.
04-15-2005 at 01:19 AM
bandit1200
Rank Points: 290
swann_88 wrote:
also
I can't view the screenshot
it says I haven't completed this room yet although I have
do I have to finish the level?
I could view the screenshot only after I completed the room, but before I completed the level, but the text is misleading anyway. I don't remember exactly what it says, but it's something along the lines that "you haven't explored this room yet," when it really should tell you you can't view the screenshot until you have completed the room. There's screenshot ability is obviously to be able to ask for a hint, and not to give hints.
04-15-2005 at 06:57 AM
Oneiromancer
bandit1200 wrote:
I could view the screenshot only after I completed the room, but before I completed the level, but the text is misleading anyway. I don't remember exactly what it says, but it's something along the lines that "you haven't explored this room yet," when it really should tell you you can't view the screenshot until you have completed the room. There's screenshot ability is obviously to be able to ask for a hint, and not to give hints.

If you minimize DROD and come to the forum while on a room, CaravelNet won't be updated with your progress. You'll have to exit DROD...or perhaps just back to the main menu, I'm not sure...and then CaravelNet will know and you will be able to select your room. It's true though that, at least for JtRH, you can't give hints for rooms that you haven't been to yet unless the person takes a physical screenshot.

Game on,

04-15-2005 at 08:21 AM
recursive
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
I spent about 3 days on this room. The longest I spent on any previous room was about an hour or 2.

[Edited by recursive at Local Time:04-24-2005 at 12:15 AM]
04-24-2005 at 12:15 AM
techant
Rank Points: 854
Oneiromancer wrote:
Well, this is one of my rooms, so I'll mention how I intended it to be solved...Dimono was able to do it in an entirely different way in beta though (which I can't remember at the moment).

That should be everything...

Game on,

I have read this whole post and tried what was said, but I still can not lure the stone guys down the rows with the decoys. I flip back and forth but if I get close enough to go down the row they kill me. Maybe I need a demo of half the solve or something. Or which row do you start with. I need help I confess.....

By the way I have played treasure hunt (in drodAE)and you do love to make harrrrrd rooms. I used one in the remake contest. At least you know your rooms are hard.

This whole level has been hard for me, maybe we need a contest that will develope a tutorial hold for working with decoys, huh. (Or is it just me :blush )

08-19-2005 at 02:39 AM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
techant wrote:
I have read this whole post and tried what was said, but I still can not lure the stone guys down the rows with the decoys. I flip back and forth but if I get close enough to go down the row they kill me. Maybe I need a demo of half the solve or something. Or which row do you start with. I need help I confess.....

To get them to follow you down a passage...

You should start

08-19-2005 at 03:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer

Game on,

08-19-2005 at 03:31 AM
skip
:w00t I need a demo for this room. I cannot seem to do it. Thanks
10-31-2006 at 08:29 PM
bomber50
Rank Points: 872

File: JtRH Fifteenth Level 1N3E Victory.demo (4.8 KB)
Downloaded 275 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: JtRH : Level 15, 1N3E (+2)  
Demo attached.
10-31-2006 at 08:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skip
Thank you Bomber50
10-31-2006 at 09:03 PM
Ed Crash
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 20
bomber50 wrote:
Demo attached.

I download it but it isn't possible to watch it. What to do? -_-

05-28-2007 at 01:37 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Ed Crash wrote:
bomber50 wrote:
Demo attached.

I download it but it isn't possible to watch it. What to do? -_-
* Start JtRH
* Click "Get Help"
* Click "Recording Demos"
* Read that page and follow the instructions WRT importing demos contained therein

np: Kettel - Mwoeb (Re: Through Friendly Waters)

05-28-2007 at 02:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : JtRH : Level 15, 1N3E (ARGH!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com