Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Receiving all posts by e-mail.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon Receiving all posts by e-mail. (0)  
If you would like to receive each and every post on the DROD.net forum by e-mail, you can do it now. And you can shut if off if you don\'t like it, too.

Instructions:
1. While in the forum, click on the \"Profile\" link shown in the top righthand corner.
2. Click on the \"Modify\" link.
3. Check the box next to \"Send copies of all posts to e-mail:\".
4. Of course, you will need a valid e-mail for this to work, so check that the e-mail address shown on the page is correct, and change if needed.
5. Click on the \"submit\" button.

You should start getting posts in your e-mail box as new ones are made. If you want to test it, post a message with a topic of \"testing\" and delete it when you are done.

The {secret} UBB code which people are using has a plain text equivalent in e-mail messages that inserts several lines in front of the secret message. So spoilers are kept safe in e-mails too.

Don\'t reply back to the e-mail messages--it won\'t work. You gotta follow the link at the bottom of the message to reply.

-Erik

02-11-2003 at 10:47 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
excession
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
icon Re: Receiving all posts by e-mail. (0)  
Um, I don\'t see a \'modify\' selection when I go into Profile. Perhaps I\'m doing something wrong.

Then I tried again, and there it was -- dark blue on darker blue. My bad. :)

[Edited by excession on 02-13-2003 at 10:07 AM GMT]
02-13-2003 at 10:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
icon Re: Re: Receiving all posts by e-mail. (0)  
excession wrote:
Then I tried again, and there it was -- dark blue on darker blue. My bad. :)
Yes, it is hard to see. It took me a while to figure out how to get to the modify screen because it blends in so well.

-Erik

02-13-2003 at 03:59 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
easycyan
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Matt should change the "modify" text color to a bright color instead. To save people time from looking. :eyes

[Edited by easycyan on 06-14-2003 at 01:04 AM GMT: Mis-spelling]
06-14-2003 at 12:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
icon Re: Re: Receiving all posts by e-mail. (0)  
easycyan wrote:
Matt should change the "modify" text color to a bright color instead. To save people time from looking. :eyes
Its a good suggestion. I think it might take a while before anyone gets to it though.

-Erik

06-14-2003 at 01:22 AM
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
I very briefly looked at this a while ago, and the main problem was that the "Modify" text is a link, and if you change one link's color, you change them all. And it's all based on templates and such, so it might be non-trivial to change the color, actually. Then again, maybe not.

In newer versions of this board (which we cannot upgrade to due to software versions) the whole preferences thing is done differently, and I think it is much better organized and useful. Personally, I'd rather modify ours to look more like the new version, given the time to do it.

I actually had to use PHP/MySQL for a work project recently, so I'm much more comfortable with it now, and would love to do some more changes to the board when things settle down. But then I'm torn between that and working on DROD. Ahhhh! There are just way too many things I want to do in this life, and not nearly enough time for all of them.

06-14-2003 at 01:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Receiving all posts by e-mail.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com