Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Press Clippings : Getting DROD out there
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1908
IP: Logged
icon Getting DROD out there (+1)  
I was just wondering if anyone has looked into publicizing DROD.

In particular it might be good to make sure it's on our favorite game download sites.

I see it is on Underdogs but not Gamehippo.
03-29-2005 at 03:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
krammer
Rank Points: 904
icon Re: Getting DROD out there (+1)  
DROD is on Gamehippo... see here. Despite a whopping 9.2 out of 10 from users, staff only gave it 7 so it's not going to show up in the best games section. Which is a shame.

"Oook!"
03-29-2005 at 04:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Getting DROD out there (0)  
krammer wrote:
DROD is on Gamehippo... see here. Despite a whopping 9.2 out of 10 from users, staff only gave it 7 so it's not going to show up in the best games section. Which is a shame.
This review was from DROD 1.5. If they were to re-review DROD 1.6, I'd expect they would give it a better rating.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-29-2005 at 05:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
I contacted them much earlier about the 1.6 release, but never got a response.

When JtRH is released, I'll make the rounds of submitting to a few hundred diffferent sites using a database.

-Erik

03-29-2005 at 05:46 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
egg egg
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 64
I still think that illicitly sticking up posters on the outside on shop windows (preferably game and suchlike) would be easier and more effective.
03-29-2005 at 09:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zmann
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 241
Well, I'm actually a reviewer for Gamehippo and tried to get the score changed for 1.6. It turns out I can't edit reviews made by someone else. The review for DROD was made by the admin, and he doesn't want it changed...
04-01-2005 at 07:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
But they do re-reviews when a new version comes out...I've seen that happen in the past. Have you asked about that?

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-01-2005 at 07:05 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
Zmann wrote:
Well, I'm actually a reviewer for Gamehippo and tried to get the score changed for 1.6. It turns out I can't edit reviews made by someone else. The review for DROD was made by the admin, and he doesn't want it changed...
The review made by the admin was for version 1.5. Does this mean he doesn't want to do a new review at all for version 1.6?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
04-01-2005 at 07:16 PM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
I've posted about DROD on the Red vs Blue forums. I did so again today.

04-01-2005 at 10:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Personally, I'm waiting until some of the video issues are resolved before posting the link. I think that Erik was going to wait for a few days (or longer) to inform the various free game sites as well.

Edit: and it seems like it might just have been an old driver issue. Excellent...hopefully that will be the only problem...

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer at Local Time:04-01-2005 at 11:07 PM]

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-01-2005 at 11:06 PM
Zmann
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 241
mrimer wrote:
The review made by the admin was for version 1.5. Does this mean he doesn't want to do a new review at all for version 1.6?

Well you see, I don't really know. I could ask him about it again if you really want me too. The current system in Gamehippo is severely flawed, and communication with other reviewers can sometimes be a very long and difficult process.
04-01-2005 at 11:39 PM
minhtuan
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
I put some of DROD introduction in Abandonia.com forums, in the section of Chips Challenge game. I think this game was also addictive and very close to DROD. I invite them to try DROD and put a link to drod.net.
04-24-2005 at 12:12 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Press Clippings : Getting DROD out there
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No