Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : The Prize Box (A contest for prizes!)
Page 1 of 24
2345>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon The Prize Box (+12)  
The Prize Box is simple. I put forward riddles, given in the form of clues that become progressively more obvious. The first person who successfully answers each riddle gets to choose a square form the prize box, pictured below:

Squares may contain any of the following:

Letters - Combine letters for prizes! The following prizes are available:

1) A DROD mug for collecting the letters MUG
2) A Map of The Eighth for collecting the letters MAP
3) A DROD hat for collecting the letters CAP
4) A CD copy of JtRH, including Caravelnet subscription, for collecting the letters CD

+5 Mods - Five free mod points. Lucky you!

Pick 2 - Choose two other squares.

Steal - Take a letter from someone else. Got the M and G but someone else is holding on to the U? Take it from them! This may only be used immediately after it's found, you can't hold on to it until happens to find what you're looking for.

X - Nothing. For the record, these take up less than half the box.

The rules

1) Three guesses per person per day. Each time a new riddle starts this counter is reset to 0. For the sake of consistency, days will be based on GMT.

2) All guesses MUST have OG#n: before them, where n is which of your daily guesses it is. If this doesn't appear before your guess, it will not be counted. This rule will be strictly adhered to.

3) Edited posts may not be used as official entries. It would be bad if one of the puzzles lasted seven pages, then some devious individual edited their guess on the first page of the puzzle to the correct answer. I don't think anyone on this forum would actually do that, but I need to cover my bases.

4) Repeat guesses may not be taken back. If you guess something that's already been guessed and incorrect, it still counts as a guess you've used up. It's your responsibility to pay attention to what's been guessed.

5) Letters are non-transferrable. You can't trade letters with someone, you need to go with what you have.

6) If you have the right letters to make up a prize, you may turn them in at any time and claim it, but you're not forced to. If you have CAP but you really want to hold out for that D, it's perfectly alright to wait, but be warned that while you hold the letters, they can be stolen from you.

Please keep unrelated conversation out of this thread as much as possible. It would be bad if the game became obfuscated by too many people posting about too many topics.

A list of who has which letters will be stored in this post, and the prize box will always be kept up to date with its current state, so you'll know from looking at this post which squares are still available, and who has what letters. Erik has a full copy of the box, to ensure that no cheating takes place on my part.

Best of luck to everyone!

Current Letters
Maurog - A A P U
RoboBob3000 - G
Schik - D G
silver - A U
Doom - P P
zex20913 - M
Mouse - M
Alneyan - C
Rabscuttle - U
Tuttle - M
Niccus - M

[Last edited by DiMono at 08-08-2006 08:01 AM]
03-24-2005 at 06:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: The Prize Box (0)  
Cool idea!

03-24-2005 at 11:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Clue 1: Annie, that phantom is miserable!

03-25-2005 at 06:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
Hmm.... Little Orphan Annie, Phantom of the Opera, Les Mis...

OG#1: Musicals

03-25-2005 at 06:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
DiMono
Sorry, not quite that obvious. Good guess though.

03-25-2005 at 06:52 PM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
OG#1: musicals starring girls

ok, maybe not, so when's the next clue?
03-25-2005 at 07:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Clue 2: OH GOD IT'S IN MY BRAIN!!!

03-26-2005 at 12:35 AM
larrymurk
OG#2: dreamboat annie

i know, wrong again.
i've got 3 guesses per day so..

03-26-2005 at 12:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
OG#1: Theme music
03-26-2005 at 01:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
OG#1: Cats
03-26-2005 at 09:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
OG#1: Angel

03-26-2005 at 09:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Clue 3: Nirvana Who?

[Edited by DiMono at Local Time:03-26-2005 at 04:10 PM: Forgot to boldify the clue]

03-26-2005 at 04:09 PM
larrymurk
1st clue is musicals
2nd ?
3rd is music bands

just commenting, no guess
03-26-2005 at 05:26 PM
DiMono
Clue 4: I feature prominently in movies.

03-28-2005 at 01:45 AM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
OG#1 Ghosts

03-28-2005 at 01:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
OG#1: DREAMS
OG#2: FLASHBACKS
03-28-2005 at 02:30 AM
DiMono
Remember to take all the clues in to account when posting a guess. To summarize the current puzzle:

Clue 1: Annie, that phantom is miserable!
Clue 2: OH GOD IT'S IN MY BRAIN!
Clue 3: Nirvana who?
Clue 4: I feature prominently in movies.

[Edited by DiMono at Local Time:03-28-2005 at 02:33 AM]

03-28-2005 at 02:32 AM
Schik
OG#1: Music.

03-28-2005 at 02:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
DiMono
Schik wrote:
OG#1: Music.
A winner is you! Pick a square from the box to see what you've won!

03-28-2005 at 02:59 AM
Schik
I'll take.... Ummm.... square 42.

03-28-2005 at 03:01 AM
DiMono
The answer to the question of life, the universe, and everything, earns you

...an X. Sorry, nothing this time.

New riddle begins with this first clue:

Clue 1: I carry a big ol' hammer.

03-28-2005 at 05:16 AM
Schik
I'll go for the incredibly obvious.

OG#1: The 'Neather

03-28-2005 at 05:25 AM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
#OG1: Thor
03-28-2005 at 06:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Let's go for the less obvious then:

OG#1: Worker

more specifically

OG#2: Construction Worker

03-28-2005 at 07:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Maurog wrote:
OG#2: Construction Worker
Wow, this one didn't last long at all. I guess that's what I get for starting with easy ones. Pick a square!

03-28-2005 at 08:05 AM
Maurog
Nice :)
It was lucky for me, because I spent some time searching for images of the Village People in Nazi uniforms or somesuch. I haven't found any, but it sure was easier to think on that track.

I'll pick 24 for obvious reasons.

03-28-2005 at 08:12 AM
DiMono
By reversing the ultimate answer you have conveniently arrived at... an A! Collect a C and P and you can win a hat, or collect an M and P for a Master Map of the Eighth. Either way, I guess you need a P.

A new puzzle will come soon, stay tuned!

03-28-2005 at 08:16 AM
DiMono
New Riddle!

Clue 1: I died at least a month ago

03-29-2005 at 03:03 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
OG#1 - Ronald Reagan

What's the O in OG for?

[Edited by eytanz at Local Time:03-29-2005 at 03:21 PM]

03-29-2005 at 03:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
OG#1: Elvis

I assume the O is for Official.

03-29-2005 at 03:22 PM
Page 1 of 24
2345>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : The Prize Box (A contest for prizes!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com