Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Any version for pocket Pc
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Wulfgainer
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged
icon Any version for pocket Pc (0)  
I wonder if it's possible to make Drod on pocket pc and, if someone has thought about this, when we will see it...

Thank you for any reply

Wulfgainer
03-22-2005 at 11:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Garlonuss
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 275
icon Re: Any version for pocket Pc (+1)  
The problem with doing a pocket PC version would be the allowable size of the screen. Pocket PC screens are really not that big. Either the rooms would have to be made smaller (which would dramatically cut down on puzzle options) or they would have to be allowed to scroll (which would change the format of the game dramatically). An important aspect about DROD is the ability to see the entire room and plan out how you will solve the puzzle. If you couldn't get the whole room in the screen at the same time, that would become much harder.

Click here to view the secret text

03-23-2005 at 08:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: Any version for pocket Pc (0)  
Another problem is the UI. I can't think of a comfortable and reliable way for the user to enter in movement commands. Ideas?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-23-2005 at 11:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
There used to be a person that was doing this a long time ago. I can't seem to find the link anymore... it never really got off the ground. It was rebuild with smaller rooms and was the creator's own designs for the rooms.
I just don't think much came of it. I if I find the link, I will post it... but don't hold your breath. I am sure that it doesn't exist anymore... and there was never really a download for it.

03-24-2005 at 09:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
Pocket PCs have a touch screen, don't they?

Well, how about: you can press each square around Beethro to move to that square. If you press a square that's further away, Beethro will move there if it's a straight line. Press Beethro and he'll wait.

There's also four icons on top of the screen: an arrow pointing clockwise, an arrow pointing anticlockwise, which both rotate, something for reset, and one for Undo, whatever the standard icon is for undo on Pocket PCs.

Matt

03-25-2005 at 12:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
AlefBet
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 979
You'll need a lot of undo for that thing. Pocket PC screens have some of the worst accuracy I've ever seen for taps. Not usually a big deal for a spreadsheet; just tap again. But it would drive me nuts playing DROD....

++Adam H. Peterson
03-25-2005 at 12:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
moonmoon
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 9
icon Re: Any version for pocket Pc (-1)  
I got the information. :)
02-19-2008 at 09:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Any version for pocket Pc
Surf To:

Forum Rules: