Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Annoying 'annoying' rooms (What is THE most annoying 'annoying' room in KDD?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
What is THE most annoying 'annoying' room in KDD?
L4 - 2S1E (an early level for effect)
L8 - 2S3E (Iffy - I left it in)
L8 - 7S3E
L11 - 1S (L11's representative - impossible to see how to do it without lotsa trial and error)
L13 - 2S2W (Gack)
L15 - 1S2W
L17 - 1S1E
L21 - 1S1E (The most annoying room from this level, IMO)
L24 - 1S1/2W
L25 - 2S
Note: Viewing results forfeits your right to vote.
Poster Message
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
IP: Logged
icon Annoying 'annoying' rooms (0)  
We all play them eventually. We all get frustrated by them. Which is the most frustrating to you? These are the rooms which have been most noted as very annoying on a lot of polls, or that people have found exceedingly annoying for some reason or other.

I haven't included any rooms from level 22, I hear you scream. That's becasue I thought that they were not really annoying - they merely required you to look at the room and figure out how to move the mimic right.

I also don't really like those huge tar mazes, or that room you couldn't go back to on level 8. I had to redo the whole of level 8 apart from about 8 rooms thanks to that. w00t for them fixing it in JtRH.

I hope I haven\\'t repeated any other polls like this -_-
03-09-2005 at 07:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Annoying 'annoying' rooms (0)  
L4 2S1E - I thought that was a pretty good puzzle. Its a good introduction to mimics and how to control their movement using walls, and also to managing trapdoors. I don't think I spent much time on this room even the first time through.
L8 2S3E - yeah, that was pretty annoying. It could use some more checkpoints.
L8 7S3E - this is probably the first room I ever got so stuck on, I quit playing for a while. However, I recently played back through KDD, and managed to do this room first attempt with no dying.
L11 1S - it was pretty annoying the first time, but once you find that one odd square of trapdoor, its easy.
L13 2S2W - well, really all of 13 is one big annoying level. But I think you have to divide that by 24 (the number of rooms) to compare it fairly with the rest of the rooms on this list
L15 1S2W - another good puzzle. I think we should distinguish between rooms that are difficult because you have to think far ahead (use a piece of graph paper for instance) and rooms that are simple in idea but take forever to finish because one little misstep sends you back to the beginning.
L17 1S1E - this one was annoying the first time through. But only because I sucked at predicting where tar babies were going to form. The second and third times I played this room, it was easy. It could definitly use a check point over by the the yellow door.
L21 1S1E - if you find the right spots to qw, this room doesn't take that long. I would have nominated 1N1W, 1W and 1S1W on this level as being more tedious.
L24 1S1/2W - sure, but that's two rooms of annoyance instead of 1... you need to divide by 2 to compare
L25 2S - I had a harder time in 1S2W, but this one IS pretty annoying.

03-09-2005 at 08:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
It's hard to do something wihtout letting personal opinion interject, so I chose the ones I thought everyone hated :? .

A lot of the levels on level 21 are a lot more annoying, now I look at it once again, I suppose...
03-09-2005 at 09:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2460
The most annoying room is without a doubt Level 12: 1N1E. It's 600 moves of waiting (unless you want to do laps with the serpents).

L25: 2S2W is annoying because the Neather doesn't act sensibly. There's no other monsters in the room, so his aim is to trap you, but he keeps running through the central area when he can run out of his exit at any time. (It would be better if the relevant door was initially shut, and it opened when you hit the orb between the arrows.)

[Edited by Rabscuttle at Local Time:03-11-2005 at 10:28 AM: I still don't the difference between left and right]
03-11-2005 at 10:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Annoying 'annoying' rooms (What is THE most annoying 'annoying' room in KDD?) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com