Announcement: Be excellent to each other.


Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Adventure Game (The Old-Fashioned Way)
1
Page 2 of 5
345
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
RoboBob3000
Level: Smitemaster
Avatar
Rank Points: 1943
Registered: 10-23-2003
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (+1)  
>Get creature

You place the creature in your satchel.

>NW
>SW
>S
>E
>UP

[Edited by RoboBob3000 at Local Time:03-07-2005 at 07:00 AM]

____________________________
http://beepsandbloops.wordpress.com/
03-07-2005 at 06:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Level: Smitemaster
Avatar
Rank Points: 1497
Registered: 09-16-2004
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (+1)  
> You are overburdened! Drop something!
> You are overburdened! Drop something!
> You are overburdened! Drop something!
> You are overburdened! Drop something!
> You are overburdened! Drop something!

You hear loud noises coming from your satchel.

> look in satchel.

____________________________
Slay the living! Raise the dead!
Paint the sky in crimson red!
03-07-2005 at 08:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Avatar
Rank Points: 220
Registered: 02-04-2003
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (+1)  
The creature looks back at you and growls. It looks like he doesn't enjoy being stuffed into a tiny satchel.

> Take creature out of satchel

The creature resumes licking your face once he is out.

All of the sudden, the creature moves away and starts gesturing for you to follow it.

> Follow creature

____________________________
Matt O'Leary
Webb Institute
Class of 2007

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
03-07-2005 at 01:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Abbyzzmal
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 348
Registered: 07-03-2004
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (0)  
The creature leads you to a conical mountain covered with pieces of crystalized ginger. Its vacant eyes gaze at you expectantly.

In the distance, you see a family of four enjoying a picnic.
03-07-2005 at 04:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
egg egg
Level: Delver
Avatar
Rank Points: 64
Registered: 01-20-2005
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (0)  
>Throw creature at picnicers

Shall we call him Jim?
03-07-2005 at 05:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2578
Registered: 04-12-2003
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (+1)  
quote:
>Throw creature at picnicers

You heft the creature up in your arms and, aiming carefully, throw the creature towards the picnicers. The creature flies in a beautiful arc across the sky, before it heavily hits the ground right in front of you. On second thought, maybe the creature is too heavy to throw that far.

quote:
Shall we call him Jim?

I do not know "Shall we call him Jim?".

> name creature Jim

You tell the creature you have named him Jim. The creature is outraged at this, and proceeds to rip your head off.

YOU HAVE DIED

Your score is 7 out of a total of 9763.

Restart, restore or undo ?

> undo

[Edited by trick at Local Time:03-07-2005 at 05:18 PM]
03-07-2005 at 05:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Avatar
Rank Points: 1173
Registered: 08-19-2004
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (+1)  
> use spoon tooth on ginger

You gingerly scrape some ginger from the conical structure.
You now have ginger

> feed ginger to creature.

____________________________
Progress Quest Progress
03-07-2005 at 05:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Avatar
Rank Points: 1839
Registered: 02-04-2003
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (+1)  
The creature sucks the tooth, but suddenly spits the ginger out of its mouth in a spray, covering you with saliva and knocking you over. Obviously, the creature dislikes the pungent taste of ginger.

You get up and wipe yourself with the piece of fluff expelled onto you from the creature's mouth. You obtain:

A piece of sticky fluff,
Some saliva and ginger solution,
Some sticky mud mixed with saliva and ginger.

____________________________
Resident Medic/Mycologist
03-07-2005 at 05:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Avatar
Rank Points: 1173
Registered: 08-19-2004
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (0)  
> go picnicers

You walk slowly towards the picnicers. The sun is warm, but not at all astonishing, and you are drawn back into memories of your childhood when you would run barefoot through the grassy meadows near your house.

> remove shoes

____________________________
Progress Quest Progress
03-07-2005 at 07:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Avatar
Rank Points: 220
Registered: 02-04-2003
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (0)  
You place your shoes in your satchel and continue to walk barefoot. After a few steps, however, you step in something squishy which you see is a pile of dung. The creature looks embarrassed and you realize it's his dung.

Your foot feels something long and hard buried within the pile of dung.

> x dung pile

____________________________
Matt O'Leary
Webb Institute
Class of 2007

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
03-07-2005 at 07:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Avatar
Rank Points: 4472
Registered: 02-04-2003
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (+2)  
You x the dung pile.

____________________________
Gandalf? Yes... That's what they used to call me.
Gandalf the Grey. That was my name.
I am Gandalf the White.
And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-07-2005 at 08:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Avatar
Rank Points: 1839
Registered: 02-04-2003
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (+1)  
The dung pile is not amused. It performs x back on your foot, much to the amusement of the creature, who begins to laugh hysterically.

>Use Ginger Saliva on Fluff.

You mix the fluff and saliva in your hands. You obtain a glue and fluff applier.

>Use glue on creature's mouth.

The glue is surprisingly sticky, since you succeed in gluing the moth shut completely. However, you also accidentally glue your arm to the mouth in the process. The creature begins to thrash around.

____________________________
Resident Medic/Mycologist
03-07-2005 at 09:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
egg egg
Level: Delver
Avatar
Rank Points: 64
Registered: 01-20-2005
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (+1)  
>Use Shark Tooth to free arm

You use the shark tooth to cut through the glue stuff. Unforturnately you also cut off you right hand in the process.
03-07-2005 at 09:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Avatar
Rank Points: 1173
Registered: 08-19-2004
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (+1)  
>go picnicers

in light of your current situation, you decide to hurry up and get to the picnicers. On seeing you and the copious amounts of blood, the picnicers all faint in horror. You see a picnic blanket and basket as well as assorted food stuffs.

>look picnic basket

____________________________
Progress Quest Progress
03-07-2005 at 10:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2578
Registered: 04-12-2003
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (0)  
As you bend over to check out the contents of the picnic basket, you catch a glimpse of the torrent of blood gushing out from where your right hand used to be. Upon seeing this, you pass out.

You dream of kittens.

You awake. It seems to be early evening, but you're not sure. The world is running around you in circles.

> look hand

[Edited by trick at Local Time:03-07-2005 at 10:31 PM]
03-07-2005 at 10:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Avatar
Rank Points: 1173
Registered: 08-19-2004
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (+1)  
A kind stranger seems to have patched your hand using various combinations of the sticky goo and lint. Also, they have improvised a new hand made out of a week-old pair, a permanent marker (green), the stick from a jar of white-out, a battery-powered toothbrush (pink), a herring and a corkscrew. The herring is starting to smell.

____________________________
Progress Quest Progress
03-07-2005 at 10:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2578
Registered: 04-12-2003
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (0)  
> use battery-powered toothbrush (pink) on dung pile
03-07-2005 at 11:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Avatar
Rank Points: 1173
Registered: 08-19-2004
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (+1)  
You have negligibly improved the dental hygiene of the dung pile. It still has severe cavities and probably needs a root canal. In the process, you managed to uncover a small amulet in the shape of a toilet. The battery-powered toothbrush (pink) is starting to smell.

____________________________
Progress Quest Progress
03-07-2005 at 11:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2578
Registered: 04-12-2003
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (0)  
> examine amulet

Inside the amulet, you find the other half of the decayed tooth you pulled from the creature's mouth! You add the tooth fragment to your bag of stuff.

You try to examine the amulet more carefully, but it is too dirty to make out anything else.

> use battery-powered toothbrush (pink) on amulet
03-08-2005 at 01:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
egg egg
Level: Delver
Avatar
Rank Points: 64
Registered: 01-20-2005
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (0)  
You reveal an ancient inscription saying

'Do not remove the tooth from this amulet under any surcumstances. Curse activating in 5......4.........3.........2.......'
03-08-2005 at 04:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Abbyzzmal
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 348
Registered: 07-03-2004
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (0)  
>Remove tooth from amulet
03-08-2005 at 04:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fried Chips
Level: Goblin
Avatar
Rank Points: 17
Registered: 02-06-2005
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (+1)  
You try to remove the tooth, only stopping when you realise that you already did that. Then the curse activates.

When you regain conciousness, you discover that your nose is now very similar to an elephant's trunk.

>Place trunk in satchel

____________________________
Die dulci freurete, homines
03-08-2005 at 04:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Abbyzzmal
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 348
Registered: 07-03-2004
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (+2)  
You hide your face in your bag, and remember the prophecy you saw as a child concerning an elephant-faced man adventuring for some reason. It is said that the first thing he did after hiding his face was freeing the field mice from a powerful tyrant.

A field mouse runs up to you.

>Question Freewill
03-08-2005 at 04:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2578
Registered: 04-12-2003
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (+1)  
Freewill the Field Mouse stands up to your piercing inquiries with remarkable success. It's a smart little thing, smarter than the average field mouse. Smarter than you.

After some time of idle chit chat, Freewill presents the idea of freeing his friends from a powerful tyrant that lives in the neighborhood. The tyrant happens to really like field mouse stew. Freewill's point of view is that this is a bad thing. He says his friends will die if you don't help.

You consider this. After a little while of pondering, the creature not named Jim goes over to you and mumbles sounds of acceptance through holes it has bitten in your right hand, which is still stuck in its glued shut mouth.

> accept quest
03-08-2005 at 04:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Fried Chips
Level: Goblin
Avatar
Rank Points: 17
Registered: 02-06-2005
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (+1)  
You gladly accept the task laid upon you by your new friend and companion, Freewill. Together, you embark upon your wild, dangerous and exciting adventure. Your first task is to find the location of the tyrant. After much discussion, you decide on a method and locate a suitable hazel tree.

> Cut tyrant-divining rod

____________________________
Die dulci freurete, homines
03-08-2005 at 05:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Avatar
Rank Points: 220
Registered: 02-04-2003
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (+1)  
To activate the rod, Freewill informs you that you'll have to use a machine back at his village.

Freewill scampers off and you follow, being careful not to crush him under your foot. He leads you to the field mouse village (which is remarkably advanced for creatures with no opposable thumbs and brains the size of a pea), but as you approach it you feel an overwhelmingly irrational fear. You find you cannot come within ten feet of the village without having to turn and run.

You realize you're going to have to overcome an elephant's instinctive fear of mice if you ever want to save Freewill and his friends.

The creature not named Jim hands you a strange object he picked up somewhere.

> examine object

[Edited by Malarame at Local Time:03-08-2005 at 05:22 PM]

____________________________
Matt O'Leary
Webb Institute
Class of 2007

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
03-08-2005 at 05:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Avatar
Rank Points: 1839
Registered: 02-04-2003
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (0)  
The object is a metallic figurine of a strange beast, similar in shape to an elephant, but in some way different, although you can't make out exactly what this difference is.

Inscribed on the base are the words "Dr. T. N. Ahpele. Rub figurine to make an appointment."

>Rub figurine.

Immediately, a strange feeling comes over you, and you feel yourself transported a few centimetres forward. You find yourself in an empty waiting room, with a door in front of you.

After a short while, a voice calls from behind the door to come in.

>Enter room.

____________________________
Resident Medic/Mycologist
03-08-2005 at 07:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Avatar
Rank Points: 594
Registered: 01-03-2005
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (0)  
A old man stands in front of you. You smell a good taste. Meat ! The man turns around......

wait for input....
03-08-2005 at 07:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts ICQ Status This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fried Chips
Level: Goblin
Avatar
Rank Points: 17
Registered: 02-06-2005
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (0)  
>Examine source of meaty smell

The old man is offering you a bowl of field mouse stew! You've been tricked! Freewill was really an undercover agent of the tyrant. The figurine must have been place in not-Jim's inventory by Freewill when he wasn't looking. You thought it was a bit too convenient...

>Confront tyrant

____________________________
Die dulci freurete, homines
03-08-2005 at 08:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Avatar
Rank Points: 594
Registered: 01-03-2005
IP: Logged
icon Re: Adventure Game (0)  
The tyrann is taking out an old looking assault riffle....

> type your command
> Quicksave
> Ready
> type your command
03-08-2005 at 08:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts ICQ Status This architect's holds Quote Reply
1
Page 2 of 5
345
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Adventure Game (The Old-Fashioned Way)
Surf To:


Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com

Powered by: tForum tForumHacks Edition b0.98.8
Originally created by Toan Huynh (Copyright © 2000)
Enhanced by the tForumHacks team and the Caravel team.