Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The Citadel
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dali
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 174
IP: Logged
icon The Citadel (0)  
Now here's a new hold, for difficult than the 2 other that I've created. Also, check if a room is possible, because I never want to check the rooms. but of course, i've checked some.
Have fun!
03-03-2005 at 02:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dali
icon Re: The Citadel (0)  
Wait, here are some modifications because i saw that there was a room unsolvable.
03-03-2005 at 05:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bandit1200
Rank Points: 290
You can only get to 4 rooms - the entrance, 1E, 1N1E, 1S1E. There's nothing to do in 1N1E. If you go into 1S1E, you can't return and the blue gate stays up because you can't get to any other rooms. You may not want to check your rooms - you really should - but at the very least check that they are accessible.
03-04-2005 at 09:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dali

File: The Citadel.hold (8.5 KB)
Downloaded 166 times.
License: Other
You're totally right, and apreciate that you teach a lesson Anyone who wants to build a dungeon, rooms must be at least accessible as you say. but i think you're wrong when you say only 4 rooms are accessible. You can go to all rooms instead of 1S so recheck please.
Now the last modifications...
03-05-2005 at 11:35 AM
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
1S1W is impossible because the goblin can't get out when you kill the snake.

You don't need a mimic to kill those 2 roaches behind the 4x2 tar blob in 2E. Also, it's possible to prevent the roach from going to the trapdoor area. (I'm not sure if that's intentional)
03-05-2005 at 12:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bandit1200
Rank Points: 290
icon Re: The Citadel (+1)  
You can go to all rooms instead of 1S so recheck please.
That may be true with your latest version, but the hold has changed totally from the one that was attached to your second post. Just to prove that I'm not imagining things, here's screenshots from the opening screens of both versions.

So, I stand by my assertion that it was only possible to reach 4 rooms in the original hold.
03-07-2005 at 11:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The Citadel
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com