Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Software Engineer (For all that want to share in my excitment...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
IP: Logged
icon Software Engineer (+3)  
I graduated from Weber State with my B.S. in Computer Science over two years ago. I had a hard time getting into the Software Engineering field because so many people are in this field where I live.
I have been working for a company for two years (since I graduated) doing Data conversions and a little programming once in a while. I really love the company and didn't want to leave... however, none of the developers want to quit. I can't get a job if there is not an opening.
Well, finally... my day has come. I have just been hired in my company as a Software Engineer. This may not mean much to any of you, but those that know me well will know that I have wanted to develop softeware as a full time job for a long time.

Ahhhh, finally get to start doing what I have been going through school for. The feeling is great!
03-01-2005 at 02:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Software Engineer (0)  
congrats.

03-01-2005 at 04:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
I'm glad you are able to fulfill your dream. :D

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
03-01-2005 at 05:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Software Engineer (+1)  
Nice, Brad. Real nice!

It's a lot tougher now than it was say... 5 years ago, to find a software engineering job. Like 5 years ago, a few of those fellows would have career-hopped to other companies and left you an opening. Or some headhunter would have called you up and tried to entice you with a job offer somewhere else. Oh, those glory days of freakishly unbalanced demand for software engineers! Man, they sure spoiled me.

Anyhow, that's admirable that you stayed focused on getting into work that is interesting for you.

-Erik

03-01-2005 at 05:12 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
ErikH2000 wrote:
Nice, Brad. Real nice!

It's a lot tougher now than it was say... 5 years ago, to find a software engineering job. Like 5 years ago, a few of those fellows would have career-hopped to other companies and left you an opening. Or some headhunter would have called you up and tried to entice you with a job offer somewhere else. Oh, those glory days of freakishly unbalanced demand for software engineers! Man, they sure spoiled me.

Anyhow, that's admirable that you stayed focused on getting into work that is interesting for you.

-Erik

Thanks for the comments. And, to be the person to have you hit 300 points, I gave you a point. Also, because you are a pretty good guy and you did create a pretty good game. I guess that I am in the mood of looking good in front of other people... so, that could be another reason why I am telling everyone that I just gave Erik a point.
Also, I have had a hard couple of days. I am in IN right now and the airport delayed my flight and lost my luggage. I am in massive need of a pat on the back... and... to ramble... I am tired... that is why I am just going on like an idiot...
ummm... bye.
03-01-2005 at 06:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
bradwall wrote:
And, to be the person to have you hit 300 points, I gave you a point.
Heh, you're not the first one ;)

Congratulations by the way.
03-01-2005 at 06:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
Congratulations!

Does it means that you are going to write games now?

03-01-2005 at 10:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Software Engineer (For all that want to share in my excitment...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com