Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Very odd Flash game
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
IP: Logged
icon Very odd Flash game (+1)  
Nanaca Crash

Kind of like the "hit the penguin with the polar bear" game where you try to get as far as possible and it's mostly luck.

The instructions are in Japanese, so here's some tips from the site where I was linked here from:

It's an anime-style game where the goal is to slam this guy with your bike so that he flies as far as he can. If he lands on various girls, he's sometimes propelled onwards at greater velocity. Others dodge him or stop his flight by hugging him. If you land on one of the women and "SPECIAL" appears on the screen, click QUICKLY to get a super combo boost. If he hits the guys in the park, he can change trajectory or be slowed down. I don't get the premise either, but it's strangely fun.
Addendum: You can click the word "aerial" three times during the game, to bring the cycling girl in to help boost the poor flying fellow's distance.

There are actually two kinds of "aerial"...a red one which boosts you up and there are only 3 total, and a blue one which boosts you down but does regenerate over time.

My record is 1481.34 and that was really damn far, I don't know if I'll try too many other times. I know some people will really get a kick out of this and others will think it's totally stupid...I think it's pretty dumb (I don't like anime much) but after getting that high score my competitive spirit rose. ;)

Edit: okay, I actually got that score without realizing that your click sets the angle, and then you can hold down the button to set the power...I guess I got really lucky...on a later try even after using the "Special" and a sweet combo I still only got to 1100 m or so. On that first run I actually got to a height of 90 m, hehe...

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer at Local Time:02-24-2005 at 05:55 PM]

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-24-2005 at 05:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1501
icon Re: Very odd Flash game (+2)  
Great thread!
But, why do I feel something is missing?

Let's see...
description of the game... check!
instructions translated from Japanese... check!
general praising... check!
some tips for the new people... check!
boasting personal score... check!
the name of the game and link... say what?

02-24-2005 at 05:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
icon Re: Very odd Flash game (0)  
How embarrassing. :blush I had it copied and was in the clipboard...just never got pasted...

I edited the original post.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-24-2005 at 05:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
2500m for me. Strange game. :?
02-24-2005 at 06:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Nice game... I managed to get 1999.85m.
Those super combos are cool when you get them, I managed to throw him to a height of like 50+ meters.
I still need to work on when to use the up&down aerieals.

02-24-2005 at 06:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
In just pretty much left ine going for a few minutes and sometimes clicking when that aerial thing flashed...I never used the super combo thingy
02-24-2005 at 06:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Got 2280 finally...with 2 "special" combos...and a max height of 95 m...lol...

Game on,

02-24-2005 at 06:21 PM
Maurog
Managed to throw him to height of 135 meters in the air, with the triple aerial trick... too bad the angle was all wrong (damn those guys that spoil your aim).

02-24-2005 at 06:22 PM
Oneiromancer
icon Re: Very odd Flash game (+1)  
Got 3940 just now, with 4 specials and max height of 112. Heh...stupid addicting games. :|

Game on,

02-24-2005 at 06:28 PM
Maurog
Mwahahaha! Beat this! 4160.16
Was flying at 185 meter high at top point and going at angle 44% the whole time :)

02-24-2005 at 06:34 PM
wackhead_uk
It's going to be one of those games which floods the internet until everyone realises it's weird...
02-24-2005 at 08:24 PM
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
I couldn't beat you guys this morning, but I just came back to it for a few minutes before I go home, and I got 5169.55m, and at one point I was about 220m high. :)

02-24-2005 at 10:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
2799. I love the specials, hate the men and love the boosts and hate stop. :)
Edit: 4063.96. Maybe we can have a hall of fame for this.

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:02-25-2005 at 03:05 AM]

02-25-2005 at 02:51 AM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
3619.48 but I missed a special and my first boost down went directly in to a guy for a slowdown. Ah, what might have been...

And on the very next run I got 5670.01m on 5 successful specials with a maximum height of about 150m. Screenshot attached.

[Edited by DiMono at Local Time:02-25-2005 at 06:16 AM]

02-25-2005 at 06:09 AM
DiMono
...And right after that I sent him up to 335m in the air, for a distance of 7389.43m. When you get a special on a girl who was trying to stop you, it breaks the stop, and sends you a massive amount of speed and height forward. I only got I think 3 specials on this run, and that was one of them.

Screenshot attached... again.

...And in my last run before going to bed (really... such an addictive gme), I did it the hard way for the first 4000m and ended up getting three specials near the end to get up to 7649.98m. I'm not going to remove and replace the screenshot though, so I'll just upload it to my fileserver and link it:

[Edited by DiMono at Local Time:02-25-2005 at 07:29 AM]

02-25-2005 at 06:25 AM
Krishh
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 282
Five specials, 2 of them from the stoppers too, nut still just 5260,19m .
02-25-2005 at 08:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog

In case you are wondering how I did it: First of all, I had a good start with a 44 angle and some 99 power, and after some bumps the body encounters the ninja girl (that's the violet one). Now, usually she will block the next good girl you encounter, right? It appears that there is a special with her as well, if you land on the right girl when it says (ninja girl vs. target girl) on the special tab. Somehow the body managed to fall on the uncool girl (yup, that's the green one that stops you dead) right when she was on the special tab. It appears that two wrongs do make a right, there was some uber-ultra-mega-power boost sequence and the body was painted green (!) and sent flying to a whopping height of 200m. Naturally, I took advantage of that and with three red aerials increased the height to 320m. Now, it was easy past 7000m now and still going fast, and I discovered that painted green means that for the next few boosts they are performed at double power. And that is how it's done :)

02-25-2005 at 09:38 AM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
After 11km of being knocked about, I bet that guy was happy to land on the green girl.

The best I've been able to do is 2.5km. I can't figure out how to use the downward bumps... How do you anticipate a special coming up? Or do you use them to land on the regular bump girls?

02-25-2005 at 02:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
Rank Points: 432

02-25-2005 at 02:56 PM
Maurog
stigant wrote:
The best I've been able to do is 2.5km. I can't figure out how to use the downward bumps... How do you anticipate a special coming up? Or do you use them to land on the regular bump girls?
The special tab shows which girls currently will trigger the special if you catch them. The downward bump may be used only when you go upwards and it reverses the direction downwards (without changing the angle). When you see the aerial word change colors it indicates which aerial will be used if you click - red for upwards and blue for downwards.

02-25-2005 at 04:46 PM
egg egg
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 64
I got 3659 on my first go and didn't know what the hell was goining on :D However I got get a super mega ultimate combo thing that turned me green!
02-25-2005 at 04:53 PM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
Maurog wrote:
The special tab shows which girls currently will trigger the special if you catch them. The downward bump may be used only when you go upwards and it reverses the direction downwards (without changing the angle). When you see the aerial word change colors it indicates which aerial will be used if you click - red for upwards and blue for downwards.

Yeah, I've figured all that out. The trick is combining that into a coherent strategy. Do you aim at the special girls? If so, how do you line up your shot? And you have to do it so quickly on the fly, is there some trick that you use?

02-25-2005 at 05:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Which super you get from the block and run depends on which girl you get it from. It's Comic Force Field, and "type D" turns you yellow and doubles the bonus you get from your boosts, as well as giving you boosts when you hit the ground. Type B is the one that turns you green, and I think I was going too slowly when I got it before, because I didn't find it that useful. The type D (and three angle-ups) helped me to my new personal best:

02-25-2005 at 05:58 PM
Abbyzzmal
Rank Points: 348

File: Minimal.JPG (39.5 KB)
Downloaded 98 times.
License: Other
I couldn't get anywhere near any of your high scores, but I challenge you to do any worse than I can.

89 degrees, 2% power. Oh yeah.
02-25-2005 at 06:08 PM
DiMono
Has anyone else been able to break the stop of the green girl without it being a special? I did it precisely once last night, I think by pressing the mouse button at the exact time she grabbed me. Can anyone replicate this?

02-25-2005 at 06:15 PM
DiMono
Abbyzzmal wrote:
I couldn't get anywhere near any of your high scores, but I challenge you to do any worse than I can.

89 degrees, 2% power. Oh yeah.
Done. 90 degrees, 9% power. Bow to my might.

02-25-2005 at 06:19 PM
trick
Rank Points: 2580
Heh, I was going to post a link to this game here, but then I saw it had already been done (although a different link than I have -- I've played it at www.losthamster.com). (Edit: Hm, seems to have disappeared... Blank page there now.)

My records are 0.01m and 9197.44m. The latter one was done earlier today while waiting for DROD to compile :)

- Gerry

[Edited by trick at Local Time:02-26-2005 at 01:11 AM]
02-26-2005 at 01:06 AM
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
DiMono wrote:
Done. 90 degrees, 9% power. Bow to my might.
:Notworthy

02-26-2005 at 01:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Abbyzzmal
Rank Points: 348

File: Minimal.JPG (37.9 KB)
Downloaded 93 times.
License: Other
Ah, well done, Dimono. I later found that 90 degrees will always result in 0.00 meters, as in the attached picture, 90 degrees, 95% power. Although it really seems unlikely that it would be possible, by the laws of physics, to hit the guy without some horizontal vector.

I question the realism of this game!
02-26-2005 at 01:41 AM
Blood Maggot
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
509: Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

Hrrmph. Anyone else get this?
02-26-2005 at 12:34 PM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Very odd Flash game
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com