Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Labyrinthitis expanded (Medium difficulty hold with a story)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.7/10 (20 votes)
σ 1.27
Author Name:Jacob
Submitted By:Jacob
Hold Name:Labyrinthitis expanded
Theme:Medium difficulty hold with a story
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:8
Number of Rooms:79
Number of Monsters:1394
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+1 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Labyrinthitis.hold (36.6 KB)
Downloaded 2706 times.
License: Other
icon Labyrinthitis expanded  

02-24-2005 at 03:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 594
icon Re: Labyrinthitis expanded (0)  
3N 1W ?? I cant complete the room. Maybe one Mimic is missing...

As far as I played the hold : Nice ! I especially like the trees and the low difficulty.
02-24-2005 at 04:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
MeckMeck GRE wrote:
3N 1W ?? I cant complete the room. Maybe one Mimic is missing...
On the first level? It's do-able.

I can give hints if you need, but a confirmation that it's not an error is probably enough.

02-24-2005 at 05:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
Got it. Very interesting Puzzle. Rating so far :

Level 1 (Forest) : Very nice optics, easy puzzles and mild hack & slay.

Level 2 (Cave) : Complex security system ! Battle against Roach hordes is difficult (im now at the second)

[Edited by MeckMeck GRE at Local Time:02-24-2005 at 08:02 PM]
02-24-2005 at 07:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
icon Re: Labyrinthitis expanded (+7)  
Forgot to thank Tim, Stefan, Atch and bandit1200 for their input.
(They are acknowledged somewhere, hidden in the hold however)
For those who played the hold on the architecture forum the first level is entirely new, and the rest rejigged but more or less the same.

02-25-2005 at 12:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
fringe
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
Headache: 1S2W

I can't figure out how to complete this level. It's those 5 beetles in the upper left corner I have problems with. As soon as I set them free, the way out in the bottom left corner is closed. Any hints for me?
03-04-2005 at 05:54 PM
md5i
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 109
icon Re: Labyrinthitis expanded (+1)  
fringe wrote:
Headache: 1S2W

I can't figure out how to complete this level. It's those 5 beetles in the upper left corner I have problems with. As soon as I set them free, the way out in the bottom left corner is closed. Any hints for me?
Hint 1:
Click here to view the secret text

Hint 2:

03-07-2005 at 12:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Hey, oldtimer! Glad to see you on the board!

(Michael is the guy that wrote almost all of the monster code for DROD 1.5 among other things.)

-Erik

03-07-2005 at 01:59 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
md5i
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 109
ErikH2000 wrote:
Hey, oldtimer! Glad to see you on the board!

(Michael is the guy that wrote almost all of the monster code for DROD 1.5 among other things.)

-Erik

Happy to be recognized! I'm looking forward to seeing JtRH.

03-07-2005 at 03:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
I can't believe I didn't play this hold sooner, it was aweinspiringly good. a couple levels into the sequel now and it's even better.

I really like interlocking room things for some reason. Treasure Hunt was formerly my favorite hold.

04-29-2005 at 05:15 AM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
silver wrote:
I really like interlocking room things for some reason. Treasure Hunt was formerly my favorite hold.

GASP! And THIS is how I hear about it...after you dump me like a Baldwin?!?

In all seriousness, I totally agree. Grinfindel is great and I am looking forward to playing the original as well. Eventually.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-29-2005 at 08:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
Very fun hold overall. Wanted to point out what looks like an unintended solution (but only makes the room mildly easier), in Headache:2N

05-04-2005 at 12:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Harbort
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
icon Looking for mass destruction weapon for Headache 1S2E (0)  
Arg ... I really can make more than 5 moves on this one without getting beaten to death by tones of roaches ...

Am I missing something about Beethro behaviours ?

Thanks !
05-06-2005 at 06:24 PM
schep
Rank Points: 865
icon Re: Headache 1S2E (+2)  
Harbort: Please use the Hints & Solutions board for this sort of thing when possible. This room has been discussed some in this thread, and the hints there might help. If you're still stuck, replying there will let everybody easily figure out what room you're talking about.
05-06-2005 at 06:34 PM
cbemom
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 36
I'm enjoying this hold so far, but the ending stairs for the 9 rooms just pops me back to the 9 room entrance. Shouldn't it put me back to the outside - which isn't finished yet.

03-24-2009 at 03:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
cbemom wrote:
I'm enjoying this hold so far, but the ending stairs for the 9 rooms just pops me back to the 9 room entrance. Shouldn't it put me back to the outside - which isn't finished yet.
Just played this hold real quick to check, and you're right, the 9 Rooms stairs do loop back. I believe this level was meant to be a bonus post-mastery area (it was a contest entry, not part of the Grinfidel story) - except the concept of hold mastery didn't exist back in the days of AE. Jacob's always been ahead of his times. :)

The only way you could have got to this level is from the Secret Treasure Room, which is the end of the hold anyway. Just Restore back to the Secret Treasure Room Entrance and use the other stairs to end the hold (and place it on your conquered holds list).

Now if you're saying the "outside" is not finished, does that mean you used the warp stairs in Prodrome 1N1W to take Hidden Tunnels to the other levels? If you do that, you can skip some levels in the hold. You can't go back and complete them without restoring. To experience the full hold without skipping anything, don't use the warp stairs in Prodrome 1N1W. Instead, clear the entire level and use the regular stairs in Prodrome 1N1E.
03-24-2009 at 12:04 PM
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
I have mixed feelings about this hold. I don't like mazes very much (or labyrinths, I suppose) but this might be the best hold I've ever played that used such a concept. I see on the hold list that there is a remastered JtRH version, so I'm not sure whether I should be recommending this hold or that one, but one of them is worth playing, certainly.

01-28-2019 at 03:40 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Labyrinthitis expanded (Medium difficulty hold with a story) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com