Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Cannot import/export
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ClaytonW
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 961
IP: Logged
icon Cannot import/export (0)  
I've tried every set of instructions on the forum, but I'm still unable to import or export, demos or holds.

Regardless of what directory I type in, I hit enter and it clears the field, nothing appearing in any of the boxes.

Same for importing.

When I try to export (to the blank directory) it says the file was saved successfully, but I've searched my harddrive and cannot find it anywhere. If I try to import the file from anywhere, it says, of course, that the file wasn't found.
06-19-2003 at 02:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: Cannot import/export (0)  
Okay, I think I've figured out why.

_wfindfirst and _wfindnext only work under WinNT or better. Argh. Makes me somewhat surprised that it doesn't just crash on Windows 95/98.

Okay, I've checked in some changes. Hopefully this is fixed - I don't have a Win 95/98 machine to test with.

06-19-2003 at 07:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: Cannot import/export (0)  
ClaytonW wrote:
When I try to export (to the blank directory) it says the file was saved successfully, but I've searched my harddrive and cannot find it anywhere. If I try to import the file from anywhere, it says, of course, that the file wasn't found.
You know, this was happening to me for a while before Mike made it so you could type a path in the box at the top. Weird thing was, if I exported it twice, the second time it asked if I wanted to overwrite the file! I did a search on all local hard drives and the file just wasn't there.

Today I just happened to find that file - it was on the last networked drive I'm connected to, in the root directory.

Do you have any networked drives? Maybe your export made its way there? Just a thought...

06-20-2003 at 09:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
ClaytonW
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 961
icon Re: Re: Cannot import/export (0)  
Schik wrote:
You know, this was happening to me for a while before Mike made it so you could type a path in the box at the top. Weird thing was, if I exported it twice, the second time it asked if I wanted to overwrite the file! I did a search on all local hard drives and the file just wasn't there.

I can export forty times, and it doesn't ask me about overwriting.

Today I just happened to find that file - it was on the last networked drive I'm connected to, in the root directory.

Do you have any networked drives? Maybe your export made its way there? Just a thought...

Nope, not that it would've made a difference because "Claythro Tower" got corrupted last night... but thanks anyway!
06-20-2003 at 09:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Cannot import/export
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com