Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Contest: Golbeno's Security System (Create the most difficult one-room hold imaginable)
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
IP: Logged

File: GASS The Three Steps The Entrance Victory.demo (7.5 KB)
Downloaded 115 times.
License: Other
icon Re: Contest: Golbeno's Security System (+2)  
Entry #1

The demo is over 4000 moves and lasts about 45 minutes...

But it's done!

I liked this room because there were many things that had to be figured out before completing it. (And I still don't know if the totally insane wraithwing manipulation was necessary)

[Edited by Doom at Local Time:03-07-2005 at 04:14 PM]
03-07-2005 at 03:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119

File: gss_demos_stefan.zip (17.4 KB)
Downloaded 89 times.
License: Other
icon Re: Contest: Golbeno's Security System (+1)  
It seems that we both made that room unnecessarily evil...

Now, because all holds have been completed before the deadline, I'm going to end this part of the contest now. This confirms what I suspected all along: Creating a room that only you can complete is very difficult.

Hold authors, PM me the passwords so that I can verify your demos (I'm looking forward to seeing a <3000 move demo of #1).

I'll make the poll once I've verified the validity of all entries.

I've attached my demos of the holds that I managed to complete before a demo of them was posted (#1, #3, #4 and #5).

[Edited by Stefan at Local Time:03-07-2005 at 10:56 PM]

03-07-2005 at 04:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
icon Re: Contest: Golbeno's Security System (0)  
Ok, all entries were valid, so we can now move on to the poll (which will be up shortly).

Rank points will be given after the poll (I want to give them all at once, so I can't give them before the identities of the hold authors are revealed).

03-09-2005 at 02:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Contest: Golbeno's Security System (Create the most difficult one-room hold imaginable)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com