Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Journey to Rooted Hold Trivia (Win Mod Points by Paying Attention!)
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon Journey to Rooted Hold Trivia (+1)  
I know a lot of you are really looking forward to Journey to Rooted Hold, but how well have you been paying attention to the announcements on the site? Below are 20 mind-bending questions whose answers can all be found on the site and in the forums. First person to locate the answers and post them up will get 10 mod points from me, and the right to eat a muffin.

1) What version of DROD is JtRH?
2) How many room styles will there be?
3) What room style is replacing the Palace style from DROD?
4) Is "The Flow" in the game?
5) What two new monsters use different and new movement rules?
6) What serpent variant is in the game?
7) Is there scripting available in the editor?
8) How many levels of the official JtRH hold come with the demo version of the game?
9) What is a "Wubba?"
10) What is the least used monster in the official hold?
11) What is the maximum number of doors an orb can control in JtRH?
12) Can orbs affect doors in other rooms or levels?
13) Will your progress within a level be preserved if you return to it later?
14) What is the name of the nephew Beethro drags around with him?
15) Name the element that restricts movement to four directions.
16) How many levels is the JtRH official hold?
17) How many monster types are there?
18) What is the name of the villain?
19) What is "The seep?"
20) On what date do Beethro and his nephew begin the journey to Rooted Hold?

In case one of the citizens decides to do something silly, you are only allowed to answer this quiz if you're a non-citizen.

[Edited by DiMono at Local Time:02-16-2005 at 07:20 PM]

02-16-2005 at 07:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold Trivia (+1)  
Here goes. Almost completely from memory. (Secreted just in case someone doesn't want them spoiled)

(What do you mean by getting the right to eat a muffin?)
Click here to view the secret text

02-16-2005 at 08:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stuwy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
Done, to the best of my knowledge so far.

1. 1.7/2.0
2. 3
3. "Foundation" style
4. no
5. Wubba and Rock Golems
6. The rattlesnake/blue serpent
7. yes
8. 3
9. A wubba is like a roach (almost) but instead of killing you, they block your path.
10. spider
11. there isn't a maximum
12. no
13. yes
14. Halph
15. Orthog squares
16. 26
17. 12ish
18. The Slayer
19. The seep will traverse the dungeon floor, going into walls, trying to stomp you a new one.
20. Probably in a months time
02-16-2005 at 08:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold Trivia (0)  
Doom: Close!

02-16-2005 at 08:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
What do you mean close?

02-16-2005 at 08:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
He means Doom almost got them all right but didn't. You're very close too.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-16-2005 at 08:25 PM
rowrow
1? or more? If its 1, I think I know which.

02-16-2005 at 08:35 PM
Oneiromancer
It makes more sense to make new posts when making changes...easier to keep track of everything. (It works when editing too because of the time stamp...) Anyway, [Edited by rowrow at 02/16/2005 12:34PM] is still very close but not 100% correct.

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer at Local Time:02-16-2005 at 08:36 PM]

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-16-2005 at 08:35 PM
rowrow
Is he "the Slayer"? Or is he "Slayer"?

02-16-2005 at 09:04 PM
Oneiromancer
It's not going to be a small technicality like that.

Game on,

02-16-2005 at 09:12 PM
Krishh
Rank Points: 282

[Edited by Krishh at Local Time:02-16-2005 at 09:35 PM: Mistyping a month of the Eight.]
02-16-2005 at 09:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Krishh

[Edited by Krishh at Local Time:02-16-2005 at 09:59 PM]
02-16-2005 at 09:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Krishh is also very close.

Game on,

02-16-2005 at 10:08 PM
rowrow
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold Trivia (+2)  
#5 is vague. A few monsters move differently than normal not just 2.

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:02-16-2005 at 10:15 PM]

02-16-2005 at 10:13 PM
DiMono
A lot of the guesses have been close. If anyone's stumped, there are a few hotspots of JtRH information you can peruse.

02-16-2005 at 10:14 PM
rowrow
Dimono, can you make it more than 2 in #5? Like which ones move differently? There are 3 or more!!!

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:02-16-2005 at 11:45 PM]

02-16-2005 at 11:42 PM
Oneiromancer
By our definitions of "move differently" and "monster", there are only two monsters that fit #5.

Game on,

02-17-2005 at 12:23 AM
rowrow
Move differently can have 2 things: When it moves and how it moves.Which one are we talking about?
I am almost positive that all of mine are right. Which one is wrong?

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:02-17-2005 at 12:41 AM]

02-17-2005 at 12:37 AM
Oneiromancer
All of the questions have been answered correctly by at least one person. Just not all at the same time, so far.

Game on,

02-17-2005 at 01:29 AM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
I'll give it a shot:
Now to see how wrong I am.... :)

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:02-17-2005 at 02:15 AM: Formatting]

02-17-2005 at 02:13 AM
DiMono
More than half of the solution sets are only 1 answer off, and it's not always the same answer. You're all almost there, there's just an assumption being made that's incorrect (or a conclusion that should be made, but isn't, depending how you look at it).

02-17-2005 at 04:33 AM
Krishh
Oneiromancer wrote:
By our definitions of "move differently" and "monster", there are only two monsters that fit #5.

02-17-2005 at 08:35 AM
DiMono
Krishh (and everyone else): Search the "Ask Questions about JtRH" thread a little more thoroughly. I really meant it when I said every question is explicitly answered on the site and/or in the forum.

02-17-2005 at 09:15 AM
wackhead_uk
Rank Points: 352
I thought that:

02-17-2005 at 12:15 PM
rowrow

02-17-2005 at 02:36 PM
Oneiromancer
There is logic in our definitions. We'll explain it better when someone answers all the questions correctly. Meanwhile, if you ponder my previous post and apply a little logic, you might be the one to do just that.

Game on,

02-17-2005 at 04:31 PM
rowrow

Was this trivia thing planned by all citizens? And why did it start yesterday and not 2 days ago?

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:02-17-2005 at 04:45 PM]

02-17-2005 at 04:44 PM
DiMono
rowrow wrote:

Was this trivia thing planned by all citizens? And why did it start yesterday and not 2 days ago?

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:02-17-2005 at 04:45 PM]
A WINNER IS YOU! CONGRATULATIONS!

It was started yesterday instead of 2 days ago because we did want it planned by all the Citizens.

Anyway, to answer some of the confusing questions...Rock Golems and Wubbas actually have different movement rules. The Seep moves exacly the same as a roach...it's just where it can move which is different. The Slayer doesn't really count as a monster...if he did, then so would Halph.

The 17 monster types is according to Erik's count in the Ask Things About JtRH thread. This also doesn't include the Slayer or Halph, but it does include some surprises, which is why you had to use that answer instead of adding up what we have revealed.

[Edited by Oneiromancer at Local Time:02-17-2005 at 05:15 PM]

02-17-2005 at 05:03 PM
Oneiromancer
Rowrow got them all correct. I'll let DiMono add the 10 points since he said he would, unless he'd rather I do it.

Edit: man, DiMono said everything I wanted to say! Sheesh! ;)

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer at Local Time:02-17-2005 at 05:15 PM]

02-17-2005 at 05:04 PM
DiMono
rowrow, I've spread your prize over five of your posts in this thread, because I only have so many mod points. And Oneiromancer, stop being so quick on the draw, I wanted to say all of that! :P

For bonus marks, using the information you have available to you right now, how many new monsters are there in JtRH?

02-17-2005 at 05:07 PM
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Journey to Rooted Hold Trivia (Win Mod Points by Paying Attention!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com