Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Movin' On Up
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged
icon Movin' On Up (+3)  
"Erik," I said, "it's not you, it's me."

"But Matt," Erik, a little taken aback, replied, "you know Brittany and I will miss you around the house. Are you sure?"

"Pretty sure, yeah. I've found this place in Canberra, already moved most of my stuff in. It'll take me a while to connect the phone lines, but broadband's really cheap down that way, and I think the uni will let me use FTP."

"Well, okay, if you're sure, fella. Also, can I have my fork back?"
"What fork?"
"You know, that fork I lent you."
"Oh, I used that in the DROD.net server. A connection got loose."

"Well, okay, but that's pretty expensive silverware."
"True, but it's a pretty expensive computer, too."

Well, I'm moving out of Erik's basement, and moving to Canberra. I'll be completing my science degree while I'm there, however, I should still have time to maintain DROD.net. It seems to be ticking over okay as it is.

While I'm moving, I won't be able to get FTP access to DROD.net, so while I can use Internet cafes and the like to visit the forum, the Smitemasters and DiMono's Toolkit will have to wait until the weekend, I think. Not sure how efficient Telstra are. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Matt, seein' sunlight

02-09-2005 at 12:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
icon Re: Movin' On Up (0)  
Isn't Canberra just another part of Erik's basement though? You're not moving out, just moving around within, from the south wall to that attractive little nook on the left. Best of luck in your new pile of hay, that south wall has quite the temper.

02-09-2005 at 02:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Movin' On Up (+2)  
Mattcrampy wrote:
Well, I'm moving out of Erik's basement, and moving to Canberra. I'll be completing my science degree while I'm there, however, I should still have time to maintain DROD.net. It seems to be ticking over okay as it is.
You'll come crawling back. You'll miss your comfy straw bed and all your mousie friends. I know you!

Seriously, though, that's great! What kind of science are you studying? Computer science? Mad science?

Sometime before you're offline could you get me the CityDesk file? Just upload it to the parent directory above "httpdocs" and let me know it's there. In general, I'd like to have a more up-to-date copy in case you drive your bicycle off a cliff or something.

-Erik

02-09-2005 at 05:06 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Movin' On Up (0)  
What's going to happen to Erik's basement once JtRH is finished? It'll be so empty in there....Hey! Can I pay rent and turn it into a rec room? I could host some nice parties in there... ;)

02-09-2005 at 10:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
icon Re: Movin' On Up (+1)  
The Drod convention will be there.

02-10-2005 at 02:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Movin' On Up
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com