Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Computer-Edited Entries (For all the illegal entries in Feb's contest)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged

File: Butcher - SayIt.zip (343.7 KB)
Downloaded 106 times.
License: Other
icon Computer-Edited Entries (+1)  
Since we aren't allowed to have any computer-generated effects in the entries, I'm posting this topic for all us audiophiles with gigabytes of audio-editing programs.

For my first interesting one, I used AnalogX's SayIt, which generates computer/robotish voices. I used the second line on this, and it may be perfect for the character if there was a DROD In Space! version of JtRH. Enjoy!

(P.S. - The way he says "chops" cracks me up every time!)

02-07-2005 at 11:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged

File: Computer-Generated #2.wav (1.3 MB)
Downloaded 54 times.
License: Other
icon Illegal Entry #2 (+1)  
Before the audition deadline, I promised myself I'd make a computer-edited entry just to show the power of EAX and CoolEdit 2000. Here it is. In it, I have taken my normal voice saying line #3 and did the following:

-Lowered the pitch -3 to make it sound deeper.
-Added a small reverb to my voice. What this does is make it sound like he was in a larger room with a small echo in it. The one thing I love about EAX is it's environmental settings. You can make the sound custom to the area you are in, whether it be a brick room or outside.
-Scrapped the outside noise that my 8 year old mic picked up
-Normalized the volume

Voila! Not the most original entry, but it still holds a place up there. If I wanted to, I could also add effects to this file to make it sounds like he was in an arena, in a concert hall, outside, or any other loactaion. That's the power of computer audio!

02-13-2005 at 12:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Computer-Edited Entries (For all the illegal entries in Feb's contest)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com