Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Challenges : Posterity.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon Posterity. (0)  
Hey, challenge authors!

Clayton is getting his challenge page set up so that it automatically grabs challenges from the forum. If you want your challenges to live forever, here is what you do:

0. In the instructions below, all curly braces ( \"{\" and \"}\" ) are meant to be entered as square brackets. If I actually entered them as square brackets in this message, the text would have been substituted and it wouldn\'t make sense.

1. Post the challenge with a subject line indicating what room it is in. The exact format is not so important here, but you may wish to type it out just like it appears on the game screen banner, i.e. \"Second Level: The Entrance\". You can add descriptive comments too, i.e. \"Second Level: The Entrance (freaking hard!!!!)\".

2. In the body of your message, enter \"{challenge}Dugan\'s Dungeon - Second Level: The Entrance{/challenge}\", but replace above names with correct names for the hold, level, and room that go with your challenge, and follow step 0 above. For any challenge in the current set of 25 levels, the first part will always be \"Dugan\'s Dungeon - \", and then you type level and room information exactly as seen on the DROD game screen. Unlike step 1, it is important to follow the format exactly, so that Clayton\'s links will pick up the challenge.

3. Try not to give away the solution to the challenge, especially in follow-up posts. Enclose hints, solutions, and anything else that would give away the challenge in between \"{secret}\" and \"{/secret}\" tags.

4. If you\'ve already posted a challenge, you can edit your post(s) to follow the above rules. If someone else has given away a secret, you can ask them to edit their post or you can also make a copy of your original post in a new topic, and it won\'t have their give-away post.

-Erik

02-10-2003 at 11:41 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1721
icon Re: Posterity. (0)  
Eep! Please have patience with me!

02-11-2003 at 06:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
icon Re: Re: Posterity. (0)  
zex20913 wrote:
Eep! Please have patience with me!

Huh? I\'m not impatient.

Did that stuff make sense? Maybe it is a lot of work for people.

-Erik

02-11-2003 at 06:43 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Look how many challenges I\'ve made! Gah!

02-11-2003 at 07:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
icon Re: Re: Posterity. (0)  
zex20913 wrote:
Look how many challenges I\'ve made! Gah!
Well, I\'ll tell you what:

If you want, I\'ll just edit them so they follow the format, and if you make any new challenges, you could put them in the described format. It will only take me five minutes or so to edit the messages.

I make the same offer for Eytan and Mikko, who also posted challenges. Maybe this is a good way to start, because you can see how your challenges look after editing (not too different).

-Erik

02-11-2003 at 09:08 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Re: Re: Posterity. (0)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
I make the same offer for Eytan and Mikko, who also posted challenges.

I only posted one challange, and have already edited it, but thanks for the offer :)

Eytan

02-11-2003 at 11:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
icon Re: Re: Re: Re: Posterity. (0)  
eytanz wrote:
I only posted one challange, and have already edited it, but thanks for the offer :)

So you did. Perfect!

-Erik

02-11-2003 at 11:17 PM
zex20913
Eh...I\'ll get around to it sometime...just a lot of stuff to do right now.

02-12-2003 at 12:44 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Challenges : Posterity.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com