Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : What are some of your worst rooms in KDD? (Which ones are your most hated rooms or levels?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Which ones are your most hated rooms or levels?
level 3 1s (8 gates of bill)
level 7 2n 1w (master intelect)
level 8 2s 2e (maybe even all of level 8)
level 8 7s 3e (3 tar mama.Everyone will pick this.)
All level 11.
level 12 2s 1e
(For those who don't like it,) All level 13
level 14 1n 1e
level 16 2e
level 17 1n
level 17 1n 2w
level 17 1s 1e
level 18 1n 1e
level 18 1e
level 20 2n
most of level 21 (especially 1n)
level 23 2w
(for those who don't like it, I love it) level 23 1n.
The idea of level 22
level 24 1s 1w(must pick)
level 24 1s 2w(must pick)
level 25 2s
level 25 1s 2w
Note: Viewing results forfeits your right to vote.
Poster Message
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
IP: Logged
icon What are some of your worst rooms in KDD? (0)  
So what are some of your worst rooms in KDD?
If there are some that are not on, post them as I can't do everyones worst.
Talk about the worst rooms here instead of in H&S when you give solutions to them and speak about how hard it is.

01-18-2005 at 05:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
Rank Points: 423
icon Re: What are some of your worst rooms in KDD? (0)  
I was suprised that some of level 15 was not in there.

EDIT: I really didn't like one room in 15 (2 South, 2 West).. the rest were not too bad.

[Edited by bradwall at Local Time:01-18-2005 at 06:27 AM]
01-18-2005 at 06:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
I posted those for being annoying, not hard. Like the level 11 tar. It just wastes your time and you get steamed up and you don't get a good feeling when you beat it, since you aren't really smiting anything. And all you say is
"I finished it. Now what?"
And not
"YAYAYAY"
Or the big tar mama rooms that you easily get out on. In fact, I was playing Webfoot Drod the other day and I got out on tar city so much, I was basicaly able to just press the keys by heart and not look, And I was going fast. :D . Or the tar room in level 25 which you just had to go back and forth
"Do I have enough free moves to kill the mother now without being interupted?"

01-18-2005 at 06:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3255
I didn't hate any of the rooms. Some of them were difficult but those are even better now because I can actually complete them easily... Most rooms were pretty much enjoyable. If I had to choose one, I'd say L11:1S1E
01-18-2005 at 07:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1375
14th level, 1N1E, solely for the lack of a checkpoint by the middle orb. In my opinion, there should be a checkpoint there in JtRH. Don't know if thats possible though. Its just annoying.

Level 13. No need to continue the debate in this topic though.
01-18-2005 at 08:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: What are some of your worst rooms in KDD? (+1)  
You can find more discussion of a similar topic in this thread.

You might want to check out this thread for information on older threads with useful information in them before you start a new discussion such as this.

As for me, I disliked some of the L22 rooms when I first met them, since they were so highly complex, requiring controlling so many mimics all at once. Now, though, with quite a lot of experience, I can't really say I dislike any rooms in KDD anymore.

01-18-2005 at 09:20 PM
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
I don't like the entrance room of Level 1. It was just... too easy :)

01-23-2005 at 12:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
Level 23 is so easy and I love it.(no joke)It and 17 should have switched places. I love levels 25 an 24, and 17 as they are the easiest levels. :D

01-23-2005 at 03:18 PM
roach strangler
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 57
I really hate lvl 15 it made me so mad :angry
02-07-2006 at 11:19 PM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Is it in level 9? Or Level 15?

Then I probably did not like it.

Everything else was fun, though.
02-08-2006 at 08:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Axiomatik
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
I've only gotten so far in that game...

So I guess it's the eight gates for me...that's my roadblock of doom. I hate those switches. :bangin

04-26-2007 at 11:50 PM
Axiomatik
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
Maurog wrote:
I don't like the entrance room of Level 1. It was just... too easy :)

Um, maybe because it was the entrance room? o_O

04-26-2007 at 11:52 PM
Erppo
Rank Points: 33
The only room I can say I hate would be level 15 3W (the one with 2 mimics and loads of trapdoors). Especially after clearing all but one of the trapdoors and then noticing that you forgot to leave a path out for the mimic.

I personally don't understand people who don't like rooms because are difficult or get them stumped.
04-27-2007 at 06:23 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Erppo wrote:
I personally don't understand people who don't like rooms because are difficult or get them stumped.
Because it damages their pride?
Anyway, my worse room in KDD was King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Fifteenth Level : 1 South, 2 West. It taught me to fear trapdoor puzzles.
04-27-2007 at 12:10 PM
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
NiroZ wrote:
Anyway, my worse room in KDD was King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Fifteenth Level : 1 South, 2 West. It taught me to fear trapdoor puzzles.

Ohh... One of my absolute favourites :D At least it was when I played it the first time in AE.
04-27-2007 at 12:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
piderman
Rank Points: 51
NiroZ wrote:Anyway, my worse room in KDD was King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Fifteenth Level : 1 South, 2 West. It taught me to fear trapdoor puzzles.

Taught me to use pen&paper (and an eraser ;)) in DROD and sometimes draw the puzzles. Saves a lot of trial & error :yes

BTW, what's the deal with all the annoyance over 8L7S3E with the 3 tar mothers? I can imagine this being really annoying without checkpoints, but ever since AE it's not as bad as some other rooms, even official ones. Basically any room where there's a respawn rate of 28 roaches every 30-turn and a couple of brains is annoying :P
04-27-2007 at 06:52 PM
Unspeakable
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
the most annoying rooms are the ones with

Stuff
Hidden
In
Tar
04-27-2007 at 11:02 PM
NiroZ
piderman wrote:
NiroZ wrote:Anyway, my worse room in KDD was King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 : Fifteenth Level : 1 South, 2 West. It taught me to fear trapdoor puzzles.

Taught me to use pen&paper (and an eraser ;)) in DROD and sometimes draw the puzzles. Saves a lot of trial & error :yes
That's what I used, and I still couldn't solve it.
04-28-2007 at 04:57 AM
Bobpie
Rank Points: 54
I wish the worst of any kind of death that could happen to a level, towards leavel 13 in all itself!

I curse it to the bowels of any bad place your relgion has!
CURSE!

(As you can see i spent a very long time in there) :weep
05-02-2007 at 01:47 AM
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
NiroZ wrote:
Not that you've hurt my feelings, but that one I'm particularly proud of. I'm happy when I can make a very simple-looking room that's unexpectedly difficult. I remember putting those trapdoors down in the editor, trying to solve the room, and thinking "no, this isn't possible". Then I tried diagonal stepping and it seemed theoretically possible. Then maybe 10 or 20 attempts later I had a solution, so the puzzle got to stay.

But this puzzle is probably very easy for most of the DROD vets now. It was only hard when you had only spent a few hundred hours playing DROD. Now your brain probably has extra synapses dedicated to DROD gameplay, and a mere trapdoor puzzle isn't enough. The DROD 3.0 version of the room would coat tar, mud, and gel over the top of the trapdoors, add in some encroaching briars, and maybe dump a few dozen slayers into the mix.

-Erik

05-02-2007 at 09:57 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
ErikH2000 wrote:
But this puzzle is probably very easy for most of the DROD vets now. It was only hard when you had only spent a few hundred hours playing DROD.

Actually, no - well, at least for me. I find it to be one of the puzzles that remains difficult, no matter how much DROD experience I have and how many times I solve it.

05-02-2007 at 10:33 PM
AlefBet
Rank Points: 979
eytanz wrote:
Actually, no - well, at least for me. I find it to be one of the puzzles that remains difficult, no matter how much DROD experience I have and how many times I solve it.
I'll AOL and say that I also have trouble on this room. I can solve it easily on paper, since I can adjust the path anywhere I want at any time while working it out to create new diagonal paths or grab missed doors, but I can't actually play this room cold (or even warm without a paper solution in front of me). I actually created a nice annotated postscript file with a solution and I refer to that whenever I come across this room in replays. I'm always amazed when I watch Mike over his shoulder solving this room that he can just walk in and zig-zag and dance around and pop out with a solution, right on cue. (Apparently he can zig, and also, he can zag.)

It's a very clever room, and I like that it's in the dungeon, but it 's the one room I always have to resort to P&P to solve, every replay.

++Adam H. Peterson
05-02-2007 at 11:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
ErikH2000 wrote:
Not that you've hurt my feelings, but that one I'm particularly proud of. I'm happy when I can make a very simple-looking room that's unexpectedly difficult. I remember putting those trapdoors down in the editor, trying to solve the room, and thinking "no, this isn't possible". Then I tried diagonal stepping and it seemed theoretically possible. Then maybe 10 or 20 attempts later I had a solution, so the puzzle got to stay.

But this puzzle is probably very easy for most of the DROD vets now. It was only hard when you had only spent a few hundred hours playing DROD. Now your brain probably has extra synapses dedicated to DROD gameplay, and a mere trapdoor puzzle isn't enough. The DROD 3.0 version of the room would coat tar, mud, and gel over the top of the trapdoors, add in some encroaching briars, and maybe dump a few dozen slayers into the mix.

-Erik
I have to concur with Eytanz and Alefbet on this one. I guess the problem is that I'm too lazy to print out rooms and draw all over them. Perhaps if there was a DROD-PNP utility, that allowed you to change your path dynamically I wouldn't mind this room.

The real problem is creating rooms which throw people into the deep end early on. I made the mistake of attempting Claythro's tower after playing smallsome Swicks and thinking 'Ha, that's not to hard'. I still avoid mimic and trapdoors puzzles to this day.

05-03-2007 at 12:03 AM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Same general response. Level 13 isn't as trying for me as this room is. Every time, I either go P&P or H&S, since I've done it before.

05-03-2007 at 12:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : What are some of your worst rooms in KDD? (Which ones are your most hated rooms or levels?) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com