Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Message ordering
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
IP: Logged
icon Message ordering (0)  
I was wondering if the order of posts in a thread could be reversed. Topics are listed top-down in order or recency, while messages are the other way around. Well, of course it's simpler to read top-down, but it's annoying to have to find the last message in a thread, which is compounded when there are multiple pages in the thread. Best of all would be to just have it jump to the earliest message you haven't read yet when you open a thread.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-17-2003 at 12:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Message ordering (0)  
mrimer wrote:
Best of all would be to just have it jump to the earliest message you haven't read yet when you open a thread.

This is the option that I would choose. I really don't like reverse order threads, but I do like the message board remembering what I have already read.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
06-17-2003 at 12:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Message ordering (0)  
Oof... Let me think about the best way to do this (I'd rather not use cookies, as I browse this forum from at least 2 computers and HATE when differnent computers think I've read different things).

Actually, it shouldn't be too hard. I'll refine my thoughts on it then talk to Erik and/or Malarme (they've got plenty of free time about now, I'm sure :)) and I'll see what I can do.

[Edited by Schik at Local Time:05-05-2005 at 05:30 AM]

[Edited by Schik at Local Time:05-05-2005 at 05:33 AM]

[Edited by Schik at Local Time:05-05-2005 at 05:37 AM]

[Edited by Schik at Local Time:05-05-2005 at 05:38 AM]

[Edited by Schik at Local Time:05-05-2005 at 05:39 AM]

[Edited by Schik at Local Time:05-05-2005 at 05:46 AM]

06-17-2003 at 03:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Message ordering
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com