Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Beethro's Cook Book (A cooking contest)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
IP: Logged
icon Beethro's Cook Book (+2)  
Ok, my wife and I are tired of having the same five dishes every week. I'm looking for interesting day-to-day meals. So! I propose a contest. I'll give 10 points to the winner, 5 pts to 2nd place, and at least one point to all who enter.

Rules:
Post a recipe for a well rounded meal. Could be one dish, could be several dishes. However, it must be well rounded (at least 3 of the four food groups - starch, fruit/vegetable, protein, dairy - represented). We are not vegetarians, and have no food alergies. We are amenable to trying most things, but reserve the right to disqualify anything that sounds disgusting without trying it.

Cost of the whole meal should not be more than $15. However, I won't count things like spices (we have most of the common spices available), cooking oil (olive or vegetable), soy sauce, ketchup, mayonaise etc. What will count towards the cost are main ingredients like meats, vegetables, cheeses, noodles, breads etc. If in doubt, ask about a particular ingredient and I'll make a ruling. Obviously, prices in different parts of the world will vary somewhat, so this isn't a hard rule, but there is a limit to my tolerance.

Preparation time should be kept to less than 1 hour. The idea here is that we're going to cook these meals after work. Again, 1 hour is not a hard limit, but there's a limit to my tolerance here as well. We have access to a pretty good range of kitchen supplies. If in doubt, ask if I have something.

Deadline for entry is Feb 1, 2005. After the deadline, my wife and I will try one entry a night and then decide the winner together.

Bonus points will be given for incorporating DROD somehow into the dish. But again, don't be gross. I'm not eating live roaches or anything which has the texture of an eyeball.

01-15-2005 at 05:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
icon Re: Beethro's Cook Book (+1)  
1st : Some carrot salat, spiced with salt, pepper and some herbs out of the garden and with oil and vineager.

2nd : A Pfanne (that flat kitchen thing) with shredded meat and mushrooms in it.

Additional to 2nd : Noodles or better Spätzle

3rd (Desert) : Blue Tar pudding (tastes like some blue fruits) with a Vannile Ice Ball with a small red dot shaped like an Eyeball in it.

To drink : Mulit Vitamin Fruit Juice

Should cost about 12 Euro.

[Edited by MeckMeck GRE at Local Time:01-16-2005 at 04:46 PM]
01-16-2005 at 12:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Beethro's Cook Book (0)  
If I have some spare time I can dig up my Home Ec. cookbook. It had some recipes that were nutritional and easy to prepare (Our class was only 55 minutes long), so they would take about 30 minutes. I'll try to look for it in the next few days. I remember a recipe for a very delicious version of taco salad that I loved...

Mmmm....now I have to find it...And don't worry about giving me points. I know how having the same foods over and over can suck.

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:02-02-2005 at 12:52 AM]

02-02-2005 at 12:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Beethro's Cook Book (A cooking contest)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com