Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Zip program (Just had to share it with you folks)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
IP: Logged
icon Zip program (+1)  
I always like to share my findings with people. I found a great freeware zip program. It has to be the best that I have seen ever. The web page for it is:
http://www.zipgenius.it/

Do you know of any other great zip programs?
01-13-2005 at 10:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
AlefBet
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 979
IP: Logged
icon Re: Zip program (0)  
7-Zip is quite good, and it's licensed under the LGPL. When I have to use Windows, I use it instead of WinZip, partly because of the nag screens and partly because if two apps are comparable and one is free(libre), I generally use that one. I don't like clicking through EULAs I don't have time to understand.

I don't use Windows that much anymore, though, so my experience with 7-Zip isn't what it could be. And Unixes have standard tools for compression so I haven't bothered grabbing it yet.

++Adam H. Peterson
01-13-2005 at 10:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Zip program (Just had to share it with you folks)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com