Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Show me the money (or the points) (5 pts. to the person that I choose.... read the rules.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
IP: Logged
icon Show me the money (or the points) (+2)  
Ok, I don't know if this could be considered a forum game, but I am really intestested to see what people come up with.

Overview:
I will give 5 points to the person that gives me a reason (any reason at all) that I should give them the 5 points.
Be creative. I will probably just choose the one that makes me laugh the hardest and/or is the most creative and/or clever.

Rules:
You can only post once... just once. You get only one shot, so think of a good one.
You can't post after tomorrow (Jan 13th at 12:00pm Mountain Time). I'll look through all of the posts and award the points to the person that followed the rules and gave me the best reason to give them the points.

Remember, only post once and post before Jan. 13th at 12:00 MST.

This is meant to test how clever you are. Be creative, funny clever, or whatever. Just have fun with it.
01-12-2005 at 08:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Show me the money (or the points) (+6)  
Remember when you were 8 years old, at the rec center swimming pool? And when you jumped of the diving board, you hit your head and sank to the bottom of the pool and almost drowned? I dove in and saved your life. Sure, when I took you to your locker, I swiped your wallet, but.... you were 8. You had like a nickel and three pennies.

Anyways, your life is worth 5 points, isn't it?

Also, if you don't give them to me, I'll just go into the database and take 5 points out of your account and deposit them into mine. :P

01-12-2005 at 08:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Show me the money (or the points) (+3)  
Well, I was originally going to write a long post explaining in detail all the good things that will happen if you give me 5 points, and all the bad things that will happen if you don't. But fortunately, while doing so I accidently pressed the key on my laptop's keyboard that opens the dimensional wormhole, and as a result got thrown five days into the future.

I won't bore you with the details of the how me and my future self managed to create a reverse timewarp thereby rescuing the world from destruction by the space-time paradox; the only reason I'm mentioning this in the first place is because when my future self went to the bathroom I peeked at the forums and saw that you had, indeed, awarded me the five points.

So, I don't need to convince you to give me 5 points because I know that it's going to happen anyway.

01-12-2005 at 09:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Garlonuss
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 275
icon Re: Show me the money (or the points) (+2)  
This morning, I was taking my points for a walk (as I always do every wednesday before my baby Subroutine gets up and asks for a nice tall glass of Javascript). On our walk, we took our favorite path through Obfuscation Park when we were accosted by a group of masked Smilies.

They threatened us with their Algorithmss and demanded that I hand over a number of my points to appease them, or they would put my name on the Montgomery Ward mailing list. Sufficiently threatened, I was forced to choose the five points that I cared for the most and turn them over to the Smilies.

I called out for help from a passing JPEG, but it turned out to be a French JPEG and couldn't be bothered with doing anything. In the end, the Smilies succeded in tearing my favorite points from my grasp. I was devastated.

An hour later, they sent me a message, taunting me. It said:

d34r 5uck3r,
w3 jus7 h4d 2 l37 u n0 th@ w3 1/2 b33n 3nj0y1n9 y0ur p01n75 1mm3n53ly. 7h3y r s0 much m0r3 d-l1c10u5 thn any 0f 7h3 07h3r p01n75 w3'v3 3v3r 7r13d. :icecream wha7 1/2 u b33n f33d1n9 th3m?
lol
:lol :ras :guns

It was all so traumatic.

That's why I deserve the points. I know that they can never replace the ones that I lost, but I promise I won't love them any less.

Click here to view the secret text

01-12-2005 at 09:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Show me the money (or the points) (+1)  
Just this morning, I was going through my typical morning routine: Snooze Button, Snooze Button, Roll over into warm cavity left by my wife, snooze button, shower etc. While in the shower, I washed my hair with my shampoo, but when I rinsed, the suds got in my eyes! Half blind, all wet, and a quarter hour late all ready, I reached for my conditioner, but I grabbed one of my wife's bottles instead. I remember thinking, "ooo, that tingles", but I played it off as one of those anti-dandruff shampoos (you know, this side is tingling, but this side isn't!). Anyway, I cleared the shampoo out of my eyes, rinsed the conditioner out of my hair, and hopped out of the shower. Grabbing a towel, a hair brush and a kiss from my wife, I proceed to style my thinning hair. But to my dismay, I was a couple of spikes short of my usual coife. Oh NO! that was peroxide in the mystery bottle! I scrambled back to the tub just in time to see the last of my lovely locks listing down the drain pipe. Anyway, now that I'm completely, bald, I need something to cover my head when its cold outside. 5 points should just cover the dome. So I need the points so that I don't freeze to death.

01-13-2005 at 03:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
You there, you be "bradwall", right? Sorry about what the boys did to the door, they get impatient when nobody answers the bell, right boys? You don't have to stand up, I'll just help myself to some whiskey from the bar, and then we talk buisness, yes?
Ahh, that's better, now, ya're probably wondering why me and the boys are here. Remember five years ago, when Chucky told ya to dump this girl, an' said "these are just my 2 cents". Well, Chucky wants his 2 cents back, and what with interest it comes to about 200 points now. You don't have to go pale like that, we know ya can't afford to pay it all in one go, see, what we do is, we put ya on counter. You pay us 5 points every week, an' nobody get hurt. Chucky will be expecting the first shipment in 7 days from now, yes? Now, Bonecrusher, show the nice guy what we do with people what fail to pay on time.
Enough, enough, he got the picture. Ya fail to pay, and it costs ya an arm and a leg. Literally, hur hur hur. See ya in a week, don't show me out, oh yeah, one last thing - don't try anything funny, we knows where ya family lives, yes? Let's go boys, we have more jobs today.

01-13-2005 at 08:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
You should give me the points, because I don't want them. 'Nuff said.

01-13-2005 at 10:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
icon Re: Show me the money (or the points) (+5)  
I will give you a free copy of JTRH cd. You are my brother too.

01-13-2005 at 02:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
icon Re: Show me the money (or the points) (0)  
I am looking over all of the posts right now.
01-13-2005 at 07:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bradwall
Ok, and for the results:

I had a hard time picking a winner. First of all, I laughed like crazy at all of these. They were all great. So, I awarded at least one point to everyone that posted. The rest are as follows:

+5 for rowrow and Schik (tie).
Had to make a tie. I mean... how can you beat what rowrow said??? Virutally impossible. However, Schik's made me laugh the hardest. It first stated as one of those "I saved your life" stories, but the part about taking my wallet was perfect. Nice touch at the end about just taking it and awarding yourself... thought it was great.

+3 eytanz. His was very unique and made me laugh as well. Very funny.

Thanks again to everyone that posted. It needed a laugh. Work has been stressful the last couple days and I really needed the relief. That cost me a lot of points (or credits, or whatever it is) to do this, but it was well worth it. Thanks again.

EDIT: P.S. I hope that my decision didn't buf anyone. It was just meant for fun. Thanks again.

[Edited by bradwall at Local Time:01-13-2005 at 08:03 PM]
01-13-2005 at 08:01 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Show me the money (or the points) (5 pts. to the person that I choose.... read the rules.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com