Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : s s dgdgfgxsfh 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bkm
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: s s dgdgfgxsfh 2.hold (19.6 KB)
Downloaded 161 times.
License: Other
icon s s dgdgfgxsfh 2 (-2)  
This is the long-awaited sequel to s s dgdgfgxsfh. An international, multi-faceted thriller, with a controversial love story, unraveling in locales which continue to create headlines. The events span exotic Turkey and Israel, and the timing is the eve of a Military coup in Turkey. :(
01-09-2005 at 05:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 594
icon Re: s s dgdgfgxsfh 2 (+1)  
Base : 5 Points

Positive :thumbsup

==> Big area to explore +1
==> Different Room Styles +0.5

Negative :thumbsdown

==> Few puzzles/gameplay -1.25
==> Only few enemies -0.5
==> No clue where to go. -0.75
==> No Story/Leveldescription -0.5
==> Stupid long lanes -0.25

Mark : 3,25/10

Facit : For beginners who like exploring big ares top, for all other not really good.

Facit

[Edited by MeckMeck GRE at Local Time:01-09-2005 at 06:19 PM]

Upadate : Increased rate by 1 finding some Puzzles/Enemies

Anyway Tipps :

Play few levels of King Dugans Dungeon (the official levels) and some fan made holds. Then read the Architect tutorials about using monsters. ;)

[Edited by MeckMeck GRE at Local Time:01-10-2005 at 08:01 PM]
01-09-2005 at 06:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
nondescript
Rank Points: 13
icon Re: s s dgdgfgxsfh 2 (0)  
a+++++++++++++++ would buy again

some of the scrolls should have had text though

ie. all of them
01-10-2005 at 12:30 AM
Ikku
Rank Points: 12
Awful. Terrible level design, confusing layout, things that appear to have been just thrown into the room without purpose. I sincerely hope this is a joke.

[Edited by Ikku at Local Time:01-10-2005 at 01:34 AM]
01-10-2005 at 01:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
I'm tempted to think bkm has chosen a very time-consuming way to troll. Probably at least a few hours were spent putting this very large hold together. Some effort was made to at least keep rooms traversible. The author put some complexity into the many routes adjoining rooms that is almost admirable. I'm not sure if the hold is solvable because I got bored travelling through the tens of empty, puzzleless rooms, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were. A few puzzles were found, mostly involving locating the correct entrypoint for a room, but I get the feeling they just cropped up as a side effect of ad-hoc design.

The empty scrolls seem rude, as does the title of the hold. The random text found on other scrolls is pointless and doesn't add anything.

The long passages and open spaces are interesting until you realize the amount of repetition and "walking" you are in for. To visit all the rooms, you will need to A. use your photographic memory to keep track of how passages in rooms connect, B. experiment with trial-and-error where each guess costs you a few minutes of room exploration, or C. analyze the map from the Restore Game screen. Not fun!

bkm, I can see that you have intelligence, logical skills, and an odd sense of humour. If you tried, it would not be hard to create a hold that people would enjoy. But this one isn't it.

-Erik

01-10-2005 at 03:25 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Abbyzzmal
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 348
So, not that anyone cares, but this hold is technically not solvable, as there are required rooms located beyond a blue door. Just so some theoretical person doesn't realize this after going though the seemingly hundreds of pointless rooms, I thought I'd share.
01-11-2005 at 11:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
Man, that just shatters the whole mystique of s s dgdgfgxsfh 2 for me.

-Erik

01-11-2005 at 11:50 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
nondescript
Rank Points: 13
i like how that probably wasn't intentional
01-22-2005 at 11:34 PM
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
nondescript wrote:
i like how that probably wasn't intentional
I don't. It's pretty annoying, and there has been no comment from the architect (if he/she can even be called one) so far, so I guess it's a case of "drop and go" style annoyance.

If you're reading this, bkm, by chance or design, then it might be a good idea to rethink your architectural strategy somewhat. There are many guides and threads on the boards to good hold building, such as the sticky on the top of this one, and the one in the help file. Reading many threads of other holds can also help you, as well as the Architects' Toolkits.

Also, play some holds to get an idea to see what hold building is all about before building something like this, which is going to generate a negative response. As Erik said, you may have some hold-building potential, it's just that you appear to be using it in a negative way to upset the community, perhaps for some personal amusement. Building a good hold brings much more attention to yourself, mostly positive, should that be what you are searching for, and will benefit all of us with something worth playing.

If, however, you find my post amusing you in some way, and it is stimulating you to try again to annoy us, don't do it. The moderators and many of us won't tolerate it, and you'll be likely to be banned and your posts deleted.

01-22-2005 at 11:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : s s dgdgfgxsfh 2
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com