Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Non post mods
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
IP: Logged
icon Non post mods (0)  
Can there be a sort of mod message? Let me explain. Sometimes, for contests,you will get points from a mod but they modded your rank points number, rather than from a post.(suddenly you have more points even though none of your posts got modded.)What there should be is like a message (like a privet mod message) tht tells you how many points you got and what it was for. Sometimes I get some points and I have no idea why. I wasn't in a contest and it even was happening before I was in the invisible rule game. :D

01-02-2005 at 11:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Non post mods (0)  
I think I get what you're saying. You'd like to keep track of the rank points you got that weren't based on post mods which are already visible. That does seem like a nice thing to have, but I don't know if there is any easy way to implement it. As usual, this is up to Schik to decide if the trouble is worth it.

Schik: Maybe we could generate a PM to recipients of rank point/mod point adjustments from the admin form? It could be as simple as "ErikH2000 has adjusted your account as follows: +10 rank points, -4380 mod points".

-Erik

01-03-2005 at 12:28 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5392
icon Re: Non post mods (+2)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
Schik: Maybe we could generate a PM to recipients of rank point/mod point adjustments from the admin form? It could be as simple as "ErikH2000 has adjusted your account as follows: +10 rank points, -4380 mod points".
Done. I've tested it a little bit at least, and it seems to work. We should probably test it on each other before unleashing it on the masses.

01-03-2005 at 05:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
rowrow
ErikH2000 wrote:
simple as "ErikH2000 has adjusted your account as follows: +10 rank points, -4380 mod points".
How about making a subject line and maybe a description line too. Like ErikH2000 has adjusted your account as follows: +10 rank points, -4380 mod points for your prize being in second place in the unfortunate architect". That way you know what it is for.

01-10-2005 at 03:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Schik had the good sense to add a description to the message you get, so yeah, we got it covered, buddy!

-Erik

01-10-2005 at 03:38 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Thanks for the test schik! :D

01-10-2005 at 05:49 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Non post mods
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com