Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Uploading an avatar
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Fafnir
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 315
IP: Logged
icon Uploading an avatar (0)  
I can't seem to do it. It works fine if I specify a URL, but when I try uploading the file all I get it a white screen - no indication of what went wrong. I know it's not a browser issue as I've tried it with both Mozilla and Internet Exploiter, and (if it helps) the part of the script that checks the file has a .gif/.jpeg/.png extension seems to be working for me.

Just to stop the first likely reply, I AM trying to do it from my profile. And I am entering the path into the Upload box rather than the URL box.

Thanks in advance!

01-02-2005 at 10:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
icon Re: Uploading an avatar (0)  
This is so weird, This is happening to me too.
Edit: I put it as an attachment in a post then coppied the link location and it worked. But now I can't remove the attachment or so will the avatar.

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:01-02-2005 at 11:34 PM]

01-02-2005 at 11:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
I can't reproduce any problem with uploading an avatar...

01-03-2005 at 04:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Fafnir

File: 7046.gif (8.1 KB)
Downloaded 44 times.
License: Other
icon Re: Uploading an avatar (+1)  
Here are the exact steps I'm taking:

1) Enter Profile.
2) Click 'Modify'.
3) Enter the path of the image in the box marked 'Upload' (I've tried entering it manually as well as using the 'Browse' button, and also uploading it from my root directory instead of my download folder).
4) Click 'Submit' (or hit 'Enter' - again no difference).
5) Observe blank screen.
6) Curse.

The file I'm trying it with is attached - it may only be for .gifs or something similar. I have tried it with another file to the same result, so it's probably not a corrupt file.

I realise the file is out of size bounds (pixel-wise), but the response given in the FAQ is that the script will resize the avatar rather than barf.

[Edited by Fafnir at Local Time:01-03-2005 at 04:30 PM]

01-03-2005 at 04:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Okay, that one screws up for me as well. Now I have something I can fix - I'll let you know when it's fixed.

01-03-2005 at 04:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
icon Re: Uploading an avatar (+1)  
Well, it's "fixed", but not in a way anyone will be too happy about. Seems that our version of PHP has a version of GD (the graphics library PHP uses) that doesn't have support for GIF files. So for now, it will just tell you that you can't upload a GIF for an avatar. Actually, you just can't upload a GIF file that's too big - if it's small enough, it will work.

01-03-2005 at 04:48 PM
Fafnir
Ah well - thanks anyway. I'll just convert to JPG.

01-03-2005 at 05:04 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Uploading an avatar
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com