Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : The bar (Just a place to hang out)
Page 1 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged
icon The bar (+2)  
This is an idea I borrowed from another website. I'm sure there are a bunch of people who sometimes come on, want to spend time in the forums, but there aren't any threads of interest. This thread is like a chatroom. Share your off-topic, otherwise pointless conversations, hang out, get to know your fellow forum members.

The doors are open, come on in!

12-28-2004 at 10:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
icon Re: The bar (0)  
Wow, place is empty. Don't be scared folks, just come in and start talking.

12-28-2004 at 11:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
DiMono wrote:
Wow, place is empty. Don't be scared folks, just come in and start talking.
I'm not too familiar about this concept. Is that wrong?
But I like this idea a lot :thumbsup

One question to get started: it is snowing today for the first time in months. no white christmas, and much too cold here. I wish I was in Australia now ;)

12-28-2004 at 11:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
joker5
Rank Points: 607
Hand over the booze!

~joker5

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
12-28-2004 at 11:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
joker5 wrote:
Hand over the booze!
Here: :beer
I don't really drink, but if it makes you happy, I am still not going to drink. :P

Really, I didn't know you were supposed to talk in a bar :drunk

[Edited by Tim at Local Time:12-29-2004 at 12:10 AM]
12-29-2004 at 12:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
Before anyone talks, take a :beer :drunk :sleeping and for minors take :pepsi :D

12-29-2004 at 12:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Ooh, I'm turning 21 on the 31st. Expect to see me passed out here then.

12-29-2004 at 12:37 AM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Large downloads are insane. Compiling is insane. Spending a week on a computer without a GUI is insane. Writing this is a text-only browser at 640x480 is a SIN!!!

Pour me a stiff one...like a virgin Rum & Coke...

12-29-2004 at 12:51 AM
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
Large downloads are insane. Compiling is insane. Spending a week on a computer without a GUI is insane. Writing this is a text-only browser at 640x480 is a SIN!!!
Hehe, and I intend to start doing (almost) the same thing tomorrow. :crazy

12-29-2004 at 01:03 AM
DiMono
Now now, no putting down LYNX please. It's a perfectly good browser for avoiding unwanted "pictures."

12-29-2004 at 01:07 AM
gamer_extreme_101
DiMono wrote:
Now now, no putting down LYNX please. It's a perfectly good browser for avoiding unwanted "pictures."
Sure. Try running it in a window and we'll see how far you get. *shakes fist*

12-29-2004 at 01:44 AM
DiMono
See, there's your mistake. You're supposed to run it from a terminal, silly goose.

12-29-2004 at 02:19 AM
DiMono
Ya know, I spent all day cleaning my place so it would be nice and tidy for a friend coming up from NY, but it turns out she can't make it now. Oh well, at least the place is clean...er.

12-29-2004 at 02:20 AM
gamer_extreme_101
Why do things never work for me? Oh well...maybe I'll have better luck with GNOME.

I'm going to go sit in a corner booth now...

12-29-2004 at 02:29 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Anyone care to play a round of poker here? C'mon in!

12-29-2004 at 08:12 PM
DiMono
I need to know why you can't renew a book at the library more than three times. Anyone?

12-29-2004 at 08:52 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Share the book! A library is about giving books to people, and here you are hoarding that book to yourself. Maybe your best friend has been waiting to get that book for months...

12-29-2004 at 09:35 PM
DiMono
I've been trying to read it for months, but I haven't had time. I was planning to read the rest of it tomorrow, but now I'm not allowed to keep it for that extra day. It sucks.

12-30-2004 at 12:25 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Can't you return it and re-borrow it?

12-30-2004 at 12:30 AM
DiMono
I tried, they have to run it through some machine to register it as returned, and they do it all at once when the place closes to the public. There are plenty of libraries around here, I'll just have to find it at one tomorrow. I should go back to the same one again, just to see the look on the girl's face.

12-30-2004 at 12:32 AM
wackhead_uk
Rank Points: 352
I'll be the strange person who sits in the corner on his own with his littlwe scottish terrier with one leg missing.

Yargh.
12-30-2004 at 12:54 PM
DiMono
icon Re: The bar (+1)  
Well, I launched my new websites yesterday. For anyone who feels like checking them out:

Red vs Blue transcript site (much profanity)
Strangerhood transcript site (no profanity)

If you've seen them already, in a Mozilla browser, you'll have to hit Ctrl-F5 to refresh the stylesheet.

12-30-2004 at 04:39 PM
rowrow
First I'd like some vodka,your finest type some water with it. Now...
DiMono wrote:
I tried, they have to run it through some machine to register it as returned, and they do it all at once when the place closes to the public. There are plenty of libraries around here, I'll just have to find it at one tomorrow. I should go back to the same one again, just to see the look on the girl's face.
At my library,they scan The barcode( :D ) and its off your record. Also I think at my library, you have to have someone else check it out before you check it out a second time.(exept when it wasn't checked out for a week I think.)
Anyway, Why doesn't everyone tell how their day was,what they did (everyday), if it is not too personal, cause I am getting a little bored.
Any one noticed that no one has within the 400ds in rank points?

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:01-04-2005 at 03:28 PM]

01-04-2005 at 03:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
How is it I don't have time to do my laundry, yet I spent most of last night staying up to write an article on how the movie industry is destroying our society?

It's weird, man.

01-08-2005 at 05:00 PM
joker5
Rank Points: 607
*downs his hooch and assumes mope position*

Man life bites.

~joker5

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
01-14-2005 at 03:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Joker walks into a bar saying he hadn't had a bite in days. So I bit him!

01-14-2005 at 05:13 AM
rowrow
Rowrow walked into the bar. Ouch! :D
Who is dealing for poker?

01-14-2005 at 05:17 AM
gamer_extreme_101
All of my classes suck this semester. I have 2 classes without a single female in them, I have an inexperienced teacher trying to teach us English, I have a teacher who seems to only have conversations with two people in the class, and I have a math teacher who makes easy, stupid mistakes. And I know very few people in all my classes. The only class (If you can call it that) I have that's decent is choir, and I only have it twice a week.

Man, the only good thing this semester is that we get out at 2:40.

01-14-2005 at 09:42 PM
Tim
Grrr...

I've been in bed all week because of a very severe flu.

Sorry that I haven't been really productive this week.

And no. It's still not over yet. *cough cough*

-- Tim

01-15-2005 at 01:31 PM
DiMono
I'm probably going to end up staying awake all night reinstalling my computer. Anyone feel like keeping me company?

01-17-2005 at 12:19 AM
Page 1 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : The bar (Just a place to hang out)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com