Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 17 King Dugans Dungeon (Once North Once West)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Trish
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Level 17 King Dugans Dungeon (0)  

Hello,

I've beaten this game once about a year ago and I've come back to try again and I'm stuck for the first time with no solutions on how to pass this room. I've been working on it for about two days and I'm getting frustrated. Can someone just give me an idea on how to get through the first chamber fast enough without the tar overflowing in the northern chamber so that when I get all the trap doors cleared in chamber one then I can enter the northern chamber to get rid of that tar. I'm just assumming that I have to activate all the trapdoors to remove the green gates. If this is not the case will someone please advise me on how to get past this room. Thanks :)
12-24-2004 at 06:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
icon Re: Level 17 King Dugans Dungeon (+1)  
First of all: it would be better if you posted in the 'hints and solutions' forum, rather than the 'anything but drod' forum :) That also lets you search for other posts about the same room in case anyone else has asked first.

Secondly: red doors drop when all the trapdoors are down. Green doors drop when all the monsters in the room are killed - in this case the tar mother and any tar babies that are spawned. So you don't need to drop all trapdoors.
12-24-2004 at 07:03 AM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Level 17 King Dugans Dungeon (0)  
Moved. Schik will probably have to associate it with a specific room later if he feels like it.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-24-2004 at 06:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Trish
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
icon Re: Level 17 King Dugans Dungeon (0)  
I did post this on the hints and solutions forum. That is where it is located unless someone had moved it. Anyhow no matter after I posted I passed the room and the level. Thanks so much for your reply.

Trish

Trish wrote:

Hello,

I've beaten this game once about a year ago and I've come back to try again and I'm stuck for the first time with no solutions on how to pass this room. I've been working on it for about two days and I'm getting frustrated. Can someone just give me an idea on how to get through the first chamber fast enough without the tar overflowing in the northern chamber so that when I get all the trap doors cleared in chamber one then I can enter the northern chamber to get rid of that tar. I'm just assumming that I have to activate all the trapdoors to remove the green gates. If this is not the case will someone please advise me on how to get past this room. Thanks :)
12-29-2004 at 07:23 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 17 King Dugans Dungeon (Once North Once West)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com