Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : DROD Survivor (Vote your peers out of the dungeon! (Game On!))
Page 1 of 8
2345>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
RoboBob3000
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1978
IP: Logged
icon DROD Survivor (+7)  
(Latest Game Information)

Ok, Game on!

We have 12 players in the game, se we'll format it like this:

1. Start with two tribes, one of 6, another of 6.
2. Two tribes become one tribe when we hit 7 players.
3. The next five voted off will become the jury, and vote for the winner.

I ranked and separated you guys based on your amount of rank points. The tribes are as follows:

The Mimics
Schik
Eytanz
Doom
TripleM
Maurog
Abbyzzmal

The Goblins
Agaricus
Red Hawk
Stefan
Fafnir
Stigant
Mrimer

Tribal Immunity Challenge #5

Challenge #5 will be...

*drumroll*

The same as Challenge #3! Remember that tablet challenge that never got completed? Well, now that we have fewer people and assuming that some people already have sections written, I think it'll be easier to come back to it.

If this starts to take forever again, I'll set a time limit. If by that time limit, one tribe has sections written by each member and the other tribe doesn't, the tribe with the entire thing written will win by default. If neither tribe has it complete by the time limit, I'll allow it to be written by fewer people.

It's gonna be fun to finally see this challenge play out. Good luck, and have fun!

(PS: It should also be noted that this is the last tribal challenge. That is, after one more person gets voted off, you all will merge into one tribe, and the second half of the game will begin. Start jockeying for position!)

Original post

Before I became a DROD forumite, I ran and participated in long-term message board games based on the CBS television show Survivor. They tended to be intricate things, with private forum "confessionals" and complicated immunity challenges.

It is safe to say that the game of Survivor is one of my many obsessions, and I wanted to gauge how interested the DROD forum regulars might be in playing a low-key version of the game on this message board with me as the host. The truncated rules would be as follows:

1. All of the people playing will be split into two tribes. Every round, the two tribes will compete in an immunity challenge of my creation. More often than not, they will be DROD related.

2. After a tribe wins the challenge, the losing tribe will go to Tribal Council, where they will vote out one of their members by sending me a PM telling me who they are casting a vote against. The player recieving the most votes in a Tribal Council will be removed from the game. I haven't come up with what my tiebreakers will be yet, so I will let you know when the time arises. Failure to vote before a specified time will result in a self-vote.

3. These first two steps continue until there are ten players remaining (this could change, depending on how many people play in the first place). The two tribes will then become one. All immunity challenges past this point will become individual, and everybody will vote at Tribal Council. This continues until there are two players remaining.

4. At the final two, the previous seven players voted out will return to vote on which of them should be the winner. They will have the opportunity to question the final two players in order to better make their decision.

I think that's the gist of it. I will inform players on important rules as they come up or answer any questions you have.

If you want to play, post a reply to this thread telling me so. Ideally, this game would be played with 16 players, but I'm willing to start with as few as ten if I don't get enough support. So anyhow, sign up, and good luck!

[Edited by RoboBob3000 at Local Time:02-21-2005 at 09:47 PM]

[Edited by RoboBob3000 at Local Time:03-30-2005 at 01:10 AM]

12-24-2004 at 12:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: DROD Survivor (0)  
RoboBob3000 wrote:
1. All of the people playing will be split into two tribes. Every round, the two tribes will compete in an immunity challenge of my creation. More often than not, they will be DROD related.
What is an "immunity challenge"? I've never heard of "Survivor" before, so I need a bit of clarification.

If you want to play, post a reply to this thread telling me so. Ideally, this game would be played with 16 players, but I'm willing to start with as few as ten if I don't get enough support. So anyhow, sign up, and good luck!

[Edited by RoboBob3000 at Local Time:12-24-2004 at 12:47 AM]
I'm interested, so long as this game isn't going to be taken too seriously (otherwise things may get out of hand).

Do you need to have a very regular attendance to participate, or is missing one or two days on the forum acceptable?

12-24-2004 at 12:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
agaricus5 wrote:
What is an "immunity challenge"? I've never heard of "Survivor" before, so I need a bit of clarification.

Right. Should have clarified. Basically, the tribe that wins immunity doesn't have to go to Tribal Council that round, where a player would be voted off. In the case of individual immunity (given in the latter half of the game, when there is only one tribe), the winner of immunity cannot be voted for at Tribal Council, but still attends it.

agaricus5 wrote:
I'm interested, so long as this game isn't going to be taken too seriously (otherwise things may get out of hand).

Do you need to have a very regular attendance to participate, or is missing one or two days on the forum acceptable?

Yes, I certainly hope that the people participating in this game can handle being voted out. Essentially, if you can be a good loser, you're mature enough for this game. As for the time committment, the voting schedule will be lenient. You'll have about two days to do so after every challenge, I think, although I might change that if people request it. Regularly attending the board can only help you though.

12-24-2004 at 12:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Sounds fun. How will the challenges work though? If they are 'team' challenges, how could you work together with other members of your team?
12-24-2004 at 06:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
I've got ideas for how it will work. Mostly just a bunch of smaller forum-type games.

12-24-2004 at 09:13 AM
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
icon Re: DROD Survivor (+1)  
Will there be a picture bodged together of everyone 'in the jungle'?
12-24-2004 at 09:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
I'll participate.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
12-26-2004 at 04:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Fafnir
Rank Points: 315
Sounds interesting - I'll join, though I have no illusions as to my chances!

12-27-2004 at 06:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
Sounds so weird it actually has a chance to work. Count me in if you ever start this thingy.

12-27-2004 at 07:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
It sounds like it's starting to pick up steam. Trust me, it'll work and it'll be fun. I've done quite a few of these games before.

So it looks like we have 4 confirmed participants now. Come on, people! We need at least 6 more players before we can begin, and preferably more!

12-27-2004 at 09:57 PM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
Count me in.

[Edited by Schik at Local Time:03-02-2005 at 02:01 PM]

12-28-2004 at 01:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Sure, I'll play, but I should warn in advance that there's a chance I'll disappear mid-way because of workload issues.

12-28-2004 at 03:40 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
I'm in. (hmm... Survivor? :huh that's a weird idea.)
12-28-2004 at 04:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
I'll play.

12-28-2004 at 06:23 PM
TripleM
I'll play.
12-28-2004 at 09:26 PM
Abbyzzmal
Rank Points: 348
How come Schick didn't get modded up?

Oh, and I'll play.
12-28-2004 at 10:43 PM
RoboBob3000
Oh wow, I got my additional six players pretty fast.

Okay, I'm going to post who is on which tribe tomorrow, as well as the first challenge. It will be simple, so don't worry about it. It's kind of a warmup.

If anybody else still wants to join in, let me know before tomorrow afternoon. The game will only get better with more players.

Good luck, everybody!

12-29-2004 at 12:45 AM
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
Okay, I'll give it a shot, but I probably won't be able to play DROD in the next couple of days (I will, however, have internet access and read the forums)

12-29-2004 at 01:07 AM
RoboBob3000
Ok, Game on!

We have 11 players in the game, se we'll format it like this:

1. Start with two tribes, one of 6, one of 5.
2. Two tribes become one tribe when we hit 7 players.
3. The next five voted off will become the jury, and vote for the winner.

I ranked and separated you guys based on your amount of rank points. Sorry about the size discrepancy. The tribes are as follows:

The Mimics
Schik
Eytanz
Doom
TripleM
Maurog
Abbyzzmal

The Goblins
Agaricus
Red Hawk
Stefan
Fafnir
Stigant
Mrimer

Tribal Immunity Challenge #1

This challenge is a simple warm-up. It's just to make sure that you're all awake and actually remember that you're playing the game.

In order to win the first immunity for your tribe and avoid making the trip to Tribal Council to vote someone out, every single member of your tribe must post a reply in this thread after this post before the other tribe does. No whining and moaning about time zone issues either.

If for whatever reason this challenge doesn't make sense to you, feel free to ask me a question in this thread, but realize that doing so will actually complete your responsibility for this round.

Good luck, and may the best tribe win!

[Edited by RoboBob3000 at Local Time:12-30-2004 at 07:22 AM]

12-29-2004 at 08:33 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
replied.
12-29-2004 at 08:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
1-1

12-29-2004 at 09:15 PM
Fafnir
Rank Points: 315
2-1 to the Goblins!

EDIT: At the end of the challenge, please could you specify the time at which the next challenge will begin? Otherwise, every challenge will at least partially depend on which tribe checks the forum first.

[Edited by Fafnir at Local Time:12-29-2004 at 10:08 PM]

12-29-2004 at 09:17 PM
TripleM
2-2! Go the mimics..
12-29-2004 at 09:31 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Hey!

If I hadn't decided to come on the forums, I wouldn't have had any idea you'd started!

3-2 to the Goblins!

12-29-2004 at 11:22 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
3-3 to the mimics!

And let me point out that the size difference is actually working against us at the moment...

[Edited by eytanz at Local Time:12-30-2004 at 12:01 AM]

12-30-2004 at 12:00 AM
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
Ok, I replied

12-30-2004 at 03:49 AM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
This game looks interesting! How about I join in with the goblins to even up the teams.

some people got kicked off...some other people got kicked on...

[Edited by mrimer at Local Time:12-30-2004 at 04:51 AM]

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-30-2004 at 04:50 AM
Abbyzzmal
Rank Points: 348
Wow, pretty intense. I had forgotten all about this since yesterday.
12-30-2004 at 07:21 AM
RoboBob3000
Nice! A twelfth person! You're in for the goblins, Mrimer. Go suit up. Oh, and I'll consider your post to count for the challenge.

That leaves Shick and Maurog left for the Mimics and Red Hawk left for the Goblins.

By the way, I hate to spring this on you right away, but I might be away from the internet for a little while. When this challenge is complete, every member of the losing tribe should PM me the name of the person ON THEIR TRIBE that they're voting for. Don't wait around for me to certify the winner and loser.

In your vote, if you would like to, include a reason for your vote, and I'll anonymously include it in the Tribal Council results.

[Edited by RoboBob3000 at Local Time:12-30-2004 at 07:32 AM]

12-30-2004 at 07:23 AM
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
Replied.

12-30-2004 at 10:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Page 1 of 8
2345>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : DROD Survivor (Vote your peers out of the dungeon! (Game On!))
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com