Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Sentinel Returns Chronicles (My Adventures as a Drunken Drugged-Up Pear)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
joker5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 607
IP: Logged
icon Sentinel Returns Chronicles (+2)  
Nostalgia strikes again! I downloaded Sentinel Returns from the underdogs and whoa it blew my mind again!

Accursed psygnosis with their amazing games...

Anyway here I'll be chronicling my adventures through the world of Sentinel, both as the drunken drugged up pear you apparently play as and as me, the operator of said pear. Each 'Day' is an attempt at a level.

Day 1: Appeared in strange new world. Tried to move around, failed. After I re-mastered the controls I tried to gain some height. Immediately spotted by sentinel, paniced, drained, died.

Day 2: Same map. Remembered to drain trees to gain energy, didn't panic when spotted by sentinel. Almost got above the thing and was spotted and absorbed.

Day 3: I realized that the thing drained your energy one piece at a time. If I place a boulder next to the sentinel and keep a large reserve I should be able to avoid getting drained completely by the sentinel. Got a large stock of energy by getting all the trees, almost made it to the top above the sentinel, spotted, freaked out, accidentally hyperspaced. Lost most of my energy. Gave up in disgust.

Day 4: Remembered how to 'tread lightly' by using boulders to check the path for sentinel beams. Managed to top the sentinel and jump 2 worlds with the spare energy I had.

Stay tuned for more updates on the DDUP channel!

~joker5

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
12-21-2004 at 12:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Sentinel Returns Chronicles (My Adventures as a Drunken Drugged-Up Pear)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com