Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Dreams
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
IP: Logged
icon Dreams (+1)  
Have you ever had any strange dreams that you remember well?

I saw something funny last night.

Erik had added even more boards to the forum. There were about 6 more boards.
I don't remember many details but one board was called "Malarame"!
The description was something like "Share your ideas with wise Malarame" :)
And there were about 500 topics in Malarame, all with 99999 posts :lol
12-18-2004 at 08:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Dreams (+1)  
Yeah, we had that board for a while, but I think it was going to Malarame's head. He kept on giving people dumb advice that wasn't really applicable. Had to pull the plug.

(Dude, seriously, those are some freaky weird dreams. :) )

-Erik

12-18-2004 at 09:39 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
b0rsuk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 489
I hardly ever have dreams, or, at least, hardly ever remember them. But when I have, they would be called stupid by 3-year-old. It's not even absurd, they're absolutely illogical.

The scarries dream I ever had was "The summer holidays are over, back to school"
I woke up terrified, and it took me a while to realise there's still one full month left.

The most annoying thing is the girls in my dreams are clothed in 98% of the cases.

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml
12-18-2004 at 10:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
trick
Rank Points: 2580
Doom wrote:
Yes, all the time. Judging by my dreams, I'm pretty much insane.

Most of my dreams, for as far back as I can remember, happen in a strange parallell world somewhat similar to this one but also very different. (The ones that doesn't... eh, they defy description). The dreamworld is very consistent, to the point that I can draw a map of it.

Sometimes (very rarely, though) there's end credits.

- Gerry
12-18-2004 at 04:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tscott
Rank Points: 382
icon Re: Dreams (0)  
I rarely remember my dreams, but one theme that reoccurs a lot is wondering on endless staircases. Usually it's just plain white stairwells, sometimes it's stairs like a mansion with fancy railings and leading off into well furnished living rooms, libraries, etc.

The most recent started in my basement and I found steps going further down and it opened into a large hall with lots of people, exploring further I found ramps and spiral staircases and unsupported platforms at the top. Some stairs exited to cliffs with bridges and so on. Also, in this one most if not all paths led to libraries of books. I'm sort of reminded of the dungeons in DROD as I'm recalling these dreams now but I've been having these dreams long before I ever heard of this game.

12-18-2004 at 05:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Rank Points: 352
Well, I think that the strangest dream I ever had was that I was running along a furrowed field that seemed to have no bounds apart from some huge mountains in the distance. Then, a giant pill falls from the sky and starts rolling along behind me, almost crushing me but not quite. Then it breaks in two and turns into dust.

Also, very rarely, I sort of half-wake up in the middle of a dream and think wait - IT'S A DREAM! I then use the theory that anything can happen in dreams and imagine myself in pizza hut eating a giant margarita with extra cheese, but then I normally wake up fully...Ah well...
12-18-2004 at 07:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5065
These are great dreams! It's so amazing how man's thoughts can be alternately nightmarish and inspiring!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-19-2004 at 01:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
I remember a really freaky dream relating to DROD. Half-Life 2 had just came out, and I dreamed that you and Vivendi Universal became partners and the next 'boss' in DROD was Gordon Freedman, who had about 20 different weapons, and you're objective was to wander around 50 levels trying to kill him by tricking him and stealing his weapons.

And then someone on the forum suggested integrating Steam into the game, and I woke up screaming and in a sweat. I'm serious. That really freaked me out.

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:12-19-2004 at 01:27 AM]

12-19-2004 at 01:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
Once I had a dream about a lowlife that kept on knocking on my door. So I took a golf stick and scooped up my couch (it balanced perfectly) and put it there to block him. There are many more details about my next door's dogs going to the loo on my lawn so I put it on their doorstep and they stepped on it. Serves them right. Another about me being in a ghost's church with ghosts dancing all around dressed in white. Another about me walking on a red carpet and relizing it was a monsters tongue. another about me driving a bus and it was rocking back and forth and my boss screaming at me "You don't know how to drive a bus. You don't know how to do it. I have strange dreams right? :D

12-19-2004 at 02:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
YtterbiJum
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 29
Once I dreamed that whatever I touched with my hands multiplied (e.g. one box turned into three, one bag turned into six, etc.). I picked up a paperclip on the floor, and soon I had a pile of paperclips. I tried to put them in the trash, but there just seemed to be more and more. Finally I took a broom and tried to sweep them out the door, but then the room was filled with brooms. Then I woke up.

Another time I dreamed that I had somehow obtained a device that emitted a time-slowing field around it. The longer it stayed in one spot, the more time slowed at that spot and the bigger the field got. So I had to move it around all the time, which took a while because it would take my hand some time to reach the device. I forgot to move it, and then I couldn't get to it, the field encompassing the whole room. I don't remember what happened after that.

And, last but not least, last night I dreamed that I had a gravity gun from HL2. It was actually quite fun sucking objects/people into me and zapping them back out again. I distinctly remember shooting my brother into orbit. :)

12-19-2004 at 04:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Zmann
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 241
Meh, I wish I had cool dreams. The only cool dream I had was when I realized I was asleep. I then flew around, made things appear in front of me, pretty much did everything I wanted. I ended up running into a building when I was flying. I tried to go through the building but it failed and I started falling. Right before I hit the ground, I woke up.
12-20-2004 at 03:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ClaytonW
Rank Points: 961
I haven't been in high school for two years, and once a month I wake up freaking out because I'm late for school.

Weirdest dream I've had that I can think of at the moment: I was at one of those Chuck-E-Cheese-like places with all the floorspace and tubes for kids to crawl through like hamsters, and in the middle of the floor was this weird hat with a jet on top of it. I put the hat on, and held onto the jet's wings, and started soaring around the room by my hat. (This was about a year and a half ago.)
12-20-2004 at 05:56 AM
ClaytonW
Rank Points: 961
Oh yeah, and lately, my girlfriend says she's been having many dreams that somehow involve her losing teeth. Ripped out, falling out, knocked out, corroding, etc. Creepy. O_o;
12-20-2004 at 05:58 AM
rowrow
Some of my dreams keep coming back like the ghost one and most of my dreams I can only remember when I wake up but the moment I try to remember it, the dream fades away. The more I try to remember it, the more it fades away.

12-20-2004 at 03:01 PM
Stuwy
Rank Points: 212
My dreams are flat out weird, period. Unfortunatley I never remember most of them, but the weirdest dream I ever had happened about 4 years ago when I was in Middle school. The bus driver by the name of Marsha was an old, cranky driver who yelled at kids in the back to shut up when they were loud, and gave us mean looks in the mirror. The one thing that annoyed her the most was climbing on snow banks by the road in Winter. So anyway's, a couple of friends and I were sitting in the back of the bus on a sunny summer-ish afternoon, Marsha is flipping out, driving really fast and running over stuff. I said we should get out the back, so we jumped out of the emergency doors with ease. She spotted us, and did a full 180 degree turn facing us. One of my friends said "Let's climb over the snowbanks, she will never get us!". All of my friends managed to climb over, but somehow, I was unable to climb over, and I couldn't do anything about it. Meanwhile, Marsha takes an axe from the bus and comes out, walking towards me. I'm still on the snowbank and trying to climb over. She approaches me from the backside and takes a huge swing with her axe. Just before she hits me, I noticed the axe had the "nerf" signature crested on the axe. Noticing the fact I got killed by a nerf axe happened so quick I woke up 2 seconds later.

When I'm dreaming, I dream of something so significant, but somebody or an object is blocking my view. Or somebody is just about to say something that is the answer to the greatest mysteries in life, my alarm clock or something wakes me up. It get's really annoying sometimes.

Some other dreams I have come back frequently, same storyline and everything. The one that comes back the most is called the "Death Machine". It starts when I'm playing outside with my brother when I was 8 years old. Suddenly this creepy, loud, siren just builds up, getting louder and louder. I turn around, and I see a huge steam-roller with spikes on the roller crushing house houses and objects in the distance. My older brother runs into the house and locks the doors. The thing spots me and comes charging towards me. I try to run but I realise that I'm hovering 2 feet above the ground. I see the machine coming towards me and I notice it has a driver, which was a guy yelling at stuff cushing things in a janitor's suit. He charges towards me and I was thinking in my head that when he hits me it's going to hurt real bad. He crushes me, to which surprise it didn't hurt me at all. But I noticed I was chopped in half waist down. I started to climb up the side of the machine and took the driver, and threw him onto the ground. The machine crushed him, he was screaming out in pain while he got owned by his own machine. When the driver got crushed, the machine disappeared, as well as I have got my two legs back. All of things the death machine destroyed started to appear as it was before the machine came. Then I start walking and later, I wake up.

Yeah, I have weird dreams.
12-20-2004 at 03:33 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
I occasionally have very vivid dreams involving running or trying to escape from assorted monsters or people (I'll admit, once I did dream about being chased by some giant cockroaches), which take place in dreamscapes made up of places I've seen before, except all mixed up with each other. The strange thing about these dreams for me is that my brain is actually emulating the fatigue I would be experiencing, even though I'm fast asleep, in bed (or so I would think I am). I actually "feel" tired (in the sense of not being able to run any further), although I don't feel any of the accompanying pain usually associated by fatigue (which lends evidence to the fact that you can't feel pain in a dream).

12-20-2004 at 04:14 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5065
ClaytonW wrote:
Oh yeah, and lately, my girlfriend says she's been having many dreams that somehow involve her losing teeth. Ripped out, falling out, knocked out, corroding, etc. Creepy. O_o;
I was shown this site a while back that has interpretations for various common dream elements. This page talks about corroding teeth, etc.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-20-2004 at 04:49 PM
cheese obsessive
Rank Points: 219
I tend to have really weird dreams rather often, and so I don't forget them, I put them onto my AIM profile, which I can't get to at the moment, because AIM doesn't work on the computer I am using...:(

A while ago, when I first discovered DROD, I had this weird dream...I was on the marching band bus driving to Michigan for a regional competition, and someone brought a laptop with DROD on it. So I was playing it, except instead of controllong Beethro, I was controlling random band members, and when I got off the laptop, everyone on the bus was dressed like Beethro...

And another time, sort of off of what agaricus5 said, I had this one dream that I was being attacked by a cat or raccoon or some sort of small animal, and the animal bit me on my elbow. I didn't feel anything, of course, but when I woke up, I was bleeding out of the spot where I was attacked in my dream, and it hurt really bad. It turns out I had a pair of scissors in my bed for some reason, and I rolled over onto them. This leads me to believe that outside elements can somehow influence what you dream...

[Edited by cheese obsessive at Local Time:12-20-2004 at 09:10 PM]
12-20-2004 at 09:05 PM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
I very rarely remember my dreams, although I know I dream every night. I just can't remember them unless they were especially vivid. I do still have memories of especially horrid nightmares from when I was a child though. Pretty amazing that they have stuck with me for so long.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-20-2004 at 09:08 PM
agaricus5
Oneiromancer wrote:
I very rarely remember my dreams, although I know I dream every night. I just can't remember them unless they were especially vivid. I do still have memories of especially horrid nightmares from when I was a child though. Pretty amazing that they have stuck with me for so long.

Game on,
That reminds me of a "dream" I had once a very long time ago. I guess it was a nightmare, but possibly one of the worst sort.

Basically, it involved me dreaming about nothing. Literally that; nothing. For perhaps one to two hours, I was just seeing black in my dream; I could see no colour or light at all. Worse still, none of my other senses were operating, so I couldn't hear or feel anything. It was especially horrible because I couldn't force myself awake either, so I must have been in some sort of sleep-inducd paralysis.

Ironically, it is one of the few dreams I can recall very well from a long time ago.

[Edited by agaricus5 at Local Time:12-20-2004 at 10:09 PM]

12-20-2004 at 10:08 PM
ErikH2000
agaricus5 wrote:
Basically, it involved me dreaming about nothing.
Wow. Did you consider while dreaming that you might be dead? Obviously, you weren't dead, but it seems like if something like that happened to me and I was lucid, I'd think I had died.

-Erik

12-20-2004 at 10:16 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
I just had a dream two nights ago that I was somehow responsible for a musical production of Les Miserables. It was held in an abandoned ice rink where the floor had been removed leaving just dirt and rocks. My Dad was there and he pointed out to me that the show was supposed to begin in one minute. WHAT?!? I realized at that point I was supposed to make an announcement at the start of the show, I didn't remember my lines, and wasn't even dressed. I was struggling to make up some new lines to say while I put on my shoes, and preoccupied with this, I kept putting on the wrong shoes. I realized that I had made a terrible mistake in undertaking the production, knowing nothing about drama, hating musicals, and had left all the work to everybody else. About that time I woke up, intensely relieved.

The analysis is simple, if I want to be self-indulgent. It all points back in obvious ways about my worries of taking on too much with JtRH. The guy who was playing Jean Valjean in my Les Miserables, was even Sten Ryason, the voice of Beethro.

But today I fight those demons and get some JtRH work done.

-Erik

12-20-2004 at 10:26 PM
agaricus5
ErikH2000 wrote:
agaricus5 wrote:
Basically, it involved me dreaming about nothing.
Wow. Did you consider while dreaming that you might be dead? Obviously, you weren't dead, but it seems like if something like that happened to me and I was lucid, I'd think I had died.

Well, I'd watched a scary movie on TV just before I went to bed, which involved a lot of scary deaths, so I guess that that contributed to it, but I'm not sure if I actually thought I was dead.

In fact, I wasn't (or probably couldn't) thinking about anything except the sensory information that I was processing, so I guess that my conscious thought had shut down, leaving only unconscious and vital processes running. In a way, I was sort of "brain dead", in the sense that all my senses were working; it's just that I couldn't process what I was sensing, although I could remember it afterwards, which is not something a person in a coma would have been able to do, I think.

On that note, I also can do something unpleasant to myself, which is similar, when I'm half-asleep, although it's so unpleasant that after I realised I could do it consciously, I have never done it since.

I can sort of anaesthetise myself consciously if I'm half asleep, by getting into a strange state of mind (I can't describe it, but it feels sort of like being detached from my body). In this state, I can see, hear and feel things, as well as be able to think properly, but I cannot actually force myself to move any part of my body. It's very scary because it's an irreversible action; you can get yourself into the situation fairly easily in the right conditions, but to undo it is almost impossible, because you cannot move. I once went into this state for about half an hour on the sofa, I think, and it was extremely unpleasant to know that people were walking in and out of the room or were sitting nearby, but I couldn't communicate with them in any way to come and help me. I eventually, through small repeated actions like twitching, was able to regain enough control over my body to throw myself forward, at which point I woke up completely.

[Edited by agaricus5 at Local Time:12-20-2004 at 11:04 PM]

12-20-2004 at 11:01 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
mrimer wrote:
I was shown this site a while back that has interpretations for various common dream elements. This page talks about corroding teeth, etc.

As far as I understand it, those dream dictionaries don't work, as dreams are intensely personal things. For instance, corroding teeth would have different meanings depending on whether you liked or hated your teeth, had been to the dentist, whether your dentist was a nice person, if you have had or wear braces, all sorts of things.

Being in a public place naked and everyone laughing at you, that one's straightforward, though.

I've definitely noticed a few recurring places in my dreams. There's this one city I sometimes visit where the eastern side (I have a hunch that it's east, at least) strongly resembles Edinburgh, or at least what I've seen of Edinburgh from playing Project Gotham 2. I used to have really weird dreams as a kid (one of these days I'll tell you about being hunted and kidnapped by the Gummi Bears, the TV series, not the lolly) but they seem to have calmed down. Nowadays I have very boring dreams by dream standards, which is probably a sign in itself.

Matt

12-21-2004 at 12:25 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Dreams (+2)  
Mattcrampy wrote:
Being in a public place naked and everyone laughing at you, that one's straightforward, though.

It means you secretly harbor a desire to work as a comedic stipper.

12-21-2004 at 12:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
agaricus5 wrote:
That reminds me of a "dream" I had once a very long time ago. I guess it was a nightmare, but possibly one of the worst sort.

Basically, it involved me dreaming about nothing. Literally that; nothing. For perhaps one to two hours, I was just seeing black in my dream; I could see no colour or light at all. Worse still, none of my other senses were operating, so I couldn't hear or feel anything. It was especially horrible because I couldn't force myself awake either, so I must have been in some sort of sleep-inducd paralysis.
I once had a dream like that.
most of the dreams I have I die. I always think it will hurt, but it just feels like someone tugging at my head.
Some of my dreams where I figure out how to do magic,I wake up right before I do magic or jump over a tree. I mean it just had to be then. :)
And when I know I will die,I always get scared for some reason.
Once I had a dream that everyone including me had peeling skin by their fingernails 5 feet long. It is a once in a lifetime dream. :)

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:12-21-2004 at 02:28 AM]

12-21-2004 at 02:25 AM
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
The weirdest dream I ever had, was when I was two people at once. I remember there was a male and a female, and they were both me, i.e. I percieve all the feelings of both, and it didn't seem weird at the time. Both people were somehow related, and the me that was female (It was just a general feeling of general maleness/femaleness, not really detailed) was at some kind of place (room? home?) waiting for the guy to arrive, so I was getting thoughts like "he should come here, will he come, is he ok" on that part, and the other me is walking somewhere and trying to get there. Only I get it all at once. Then, it appears that the male me is actually going to that place, and he arrives, opens the door, and there is this moment when he's at the door and he's looking at the woman, and she is looking at him, so I'm actually looking at myself from two different channels, and i get the feeling they like each other, but in a different way and shortly after I woke up.

I sometimes get dreams about my teeth dropping right out one by one, but nothing of this naked in public, or flying or falling stuff. Also, I never been chased in a dream. I find myself sometimes in the dream of Dark City, where there are these creepy half-ruined buildings and all is kinda shadowy, and it's endless and like a maze, but nothing is chasing me. I get these feelings like, "wow, this place is creepy, it's kinda cool, i probably need to be afraid but i'm not" stuff. Or i'm trying to find some place in the city and i'm prowling the streets, searching and searching, but i don't really find it in the end.

12-21-2004 at 08:36 AM
wackhead_uk
Rank Points: 352
I often have dreams where I am walking along the street or something, then some teenagers 'start' on me, and a big fight starts. I then think "oh, I do karate, this'll be easy!". But then, I suddenly go really slow and me punching them takes about 20 seconds, and feels like I'm trying to move through treacle.

I also had one where me and my friend were zapped by radiation, and my friend could fly all over the place, but I could only sort of hover a bit above the ground. Then, once everyone had found out the secret of flying, they all went to get zapped, and I was left hovering on the floor.

I'm so insecure.
12-21-2004 at 12:24 PM
cheese obsessive
Rank Points: 219
This is one of those things for which I have no explaination for as to why this happened, but this is one of the most disturbing things that has ever happened to me while dreaming...

I had this one dream, where I was in my room, and a few friends decided to come over. One of my friends went into my room to play DDR, and one of my other friends went into my sisters room for some reason. I bought everyone chocolate, which was all wrapped in ominous black wrappers. It then became night, so I went onto my computer to talk to people online, but then the phone rang. So I got up, and answered the phone, and the person on the other end said, "Don't go outside. There is a man standing on your porch with a knife." And then I woke up.

As I was laying awake at about 3 AM, I began drifting back off to sleep. Suddenly, the phone rang. I was scared crapless, because of what I just dreamed, but it was my neighbor, and she couldn't find her husband at 3 AM. He ended up dead in his backyard later that night, and it was so freaky. :(

12-21-2004 at 11:03 PM
Malarame
Rank Points: 220
Doom wrote:

I saw something funny last night.

Erik had added even more boards to the forum. There were about 6 more boards.
I don't remember many details but one board was called "Malarame"!
The description was something like "Share your ideas with wise Malarame" :)
And there were about 500 topics in Malarame, all with 99999 posts :lol
I just noticed this thread... Wow, I don't know if anyone has ever dreamed about me before. I'm flattered that in your dream I was wise though :D

I've had some very weird dreams in the past. Let me tell you about the first dream I ever remember having. I think I was about 3 years old.

It started with me sitting on the couch watching Sesame Street and there was someone on the screen roller skating. They were skating in circles around this hole in the ground and saying that you shouldn't do that yourself because it's dangerous and you might fall in. Then, all of the sudden, Punky Brewster (whose show I loved) skated right into the room and started skating around a hole that had appeared on the floor. I got really worried and told her to stop, that the guy on TV said it was too dangerous, but she didn't stop. Then she fell into the hole! She was holding onto the edge and I ran over and held onto her so she wouldn't fall in but she started slipping.

All of the sudden, I was climbing up a very long spiral staircase. Well, not really climbing as much as crawling. For a little while all I was doing was crawling up the stairs with no end in sight. Then I was back in my living room, holding onto Punky Brewster, and she slipped out of my hands and fell :( Then, I was back on the stairs, and I reached the top, which was just a flat landing and then a drop all the way down to the ground (which was really really far). I kept on crawling though, right off the edge, and I remember falling and being really scared, but just as I was about to hit the ground I woke up.

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
12-21-2004 at 11:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Dreams
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com