Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : 210 Levels of Terror: JtRH Edition (210 short but engaging levels, using nothing but JtRH elements)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 489
IP: Logged
icon Re: 210 Levels of Terror: JtRH Edition (0)  
I will still not post future levels until after the AE Edition is fully tested and commented on in every detail to make the progression more logical and orderly,

but my plan is that when I get there, section 23 will have more tricky/contemplative puzzles while section 24 will have more action packed puzzles like horde rooms, all while both sections still have every element in JtRH besides the Slayer and guards, just like how it was in the original JtRH.

08-06-2024 at 07:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
Also, it turns out section 18 will have some tar, mud, decoys and bombs in it, just not in a way that involves making the Slayer getting killed too easily (so no mothers, just stationary tar and mud in very small batches, and no Slayer in the bomb rooms period; also the decoys will be forced to be kill something else in the room to actually solve the room's puzzle, and therefore can't be used to kill the Slayer either).

Again, this is getting too ahead of myself because I want to wait until all 210 levels of the AE Edition are tested and commented on before I make any further levels for this hold at all,

but for when the time comes, I am having a hard time coming up with good ideas for trials involving the Slayer being a major threat in level 149, and likewise a hard time coming up with puzzles that force you to fight the Slayer hand to hand without using 2x4 blocks of tar.

Does anyone have any good ideas, perhaps Nuntar who has so helpfully came up with ideas for my projects time and time again?

08-08-2024 at 08:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
And for reference, no bomb mazes still because it's based off level 18, before level 21, but every element up to level 18 is fair game as long as it doesn't make killing the Slayer trivial (so no tunnel rooms with the Slayer either, but you can use trapdoors, mimics, bombs, tar, mud, or decoys if it doesn't make killing the Slayer pointlessly easy and is part of what makes the puzzle interesting).

08-08-2024 at 08:32 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : 210 Levels of Terror: JtRH Edition (210 short but engaging levels, using nothing but JtRH elements)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com