Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Leaf's Odyssey
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ThemsAllTook
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 244
IP: Logged
icon Re: Leaf's Odyssey (+1)  
WOW. This is...perfect.
06-02-2024 at 12:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Gordius
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 95
icon Re: Leaf's Odyssey (0)  
Really enjoying this, but stuck on three rooms in the Red Key phase:
Bumping Shoulders
Load Bearers
Patchwork

I'm open to hints (either in spoilertext or DM) on what I might be missing.
06-03-2024 at 07:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ThemsAllTook
I'll have to guess which parts of the rooms are giving you trouble, but here are some ideas...

Bumping Shoulders:
Click here to view the secret text

Load Bearers:

Patchwork:

06-04-2024 at 12:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Gordius
Rank Points: 95
icon Re: Leaf's Odyssey (0)  
ThemsAllTook wrote:
I'll have to guess which parts of the rooms are giving you trouble, but here are some ideas...

Bumping Shoulders:

Thanks, the last note was what I needed here. And really, that that was the approach I should be pursuing, as opposed to the three or four others I was also attempting.

Load Bearers:

Hmmm... I'd figured out the third already, but I'm not really sure what to do with the first, I'll think about it some more. I have one idea what you're proposing, but it hasn't quite worked yet.

Patchwork:

Yeah, this is all stuff I'd already figured out, but it hasn't gotten me anywhere. Maybe

06-04-2024 at 02:40 AM
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1224
Just climbed the tower. Lovely game. just under 12 hours of playtime. 33 minutes for my longest room, River Crossing. I was very much over complicating the solution there.
06-04-2024 at 04:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ThemsAllTook
Patchwork:

06-04-2024 at 04:26 AM
Bombadil
Rank Points: 521

File: tower_of_destiny_shooting_range.replay (6.2 KB)
Downloaded 9 times.
License: Public Domain
@ThemsAllTook

I just watched the latest dev commentary and I think my solution for Shooting Range was simpler than the "intended" one.

I attach a demo (obviously not optimized as I was figuring out positioning when I executed it :P).
06-07-2024 at 07:26 AM
ThemsAllTook
icon Re: Leaf's Odyssey (+2)  
Ah, that's nice and simple! Good approach. As I hear from more players, I'm learning that this is one of several rooms that will either go fine if you luck into a good method, or will spiral out of control for hours at a time if you don't. So hard to hit that exact sweet spot with puzzle design where everyone can have a good challenge, but without there being long dead-end traps where you can do unproductive work forever without realizing how to make it more productive.
06-07-2024 at 05:52 PM
ThemsAllTook
icon Re: Leaf's Odyssey (+4)  
I've just put up a webpage for sharing custom worlds, and seeded it with all of the worlds I've been able to get my hands on so far: https://ludobloom.com/leafsodyssey_worlds.html

There's also a submission form, so if any of you make a new world and want it listed, or already have one listed and want to make an update (I went ahead and put in kieranmillar's world that was posted above), there's a place on the page to do that.

At some point I'm planning to have this integrated directly into the game, but for now I hope the webpage is up to the task!
06-10-2024 at 09:18 PM
hyperme
Rank Points: 1142
This is a nice game about a ferret. The elements have a lot of variety and I found it was usually quite possible to work out what each one was up to. Having the journel to remind you of behaviours is a good touch. Although I must admit I don't like the slugs so much, with their slime trails and forward-facing eyebrows.

Currently trying to get through "Under Fire" and "Cycles" (ah! the slugs!) which are both rooms of a type I kind of struggle with, where I get stuck in a cycle of doing the same thing over and over.

Some criticisms on the physical world structure that are spoilery:

[Last edited by hyperme at 06-12-2024 11:38 AM]
06-12-2024 at 11:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
dojo_b
Rank Points: 35
icon Re: Leaf's Odyssey (+4)  
I'm really liking this even though it's kicking my butt. In particular, I like that it's cross-platform with minimal requirements and (easily) playable without a numpad. Big for users of aging Macbooks.
06-14-2024 at 07:35 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Leaf's Odyssey
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes