Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : 5.1.1.561 Steam TSS - Unable to download holds from Caravel Net
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
tonyk
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
IP: Logged
icon 5.1.1.561 Steam TSS - Unable to download holds from Caravel Net (+2)  
Hi All. Apologies if this has been raised elsewhere.

Getting back into DROD (after a number of years) on my Steam Deck. I have purchased the Steam versions of TSS and GatEB for convenience. I know that the official Holds are DLC for GatEB but I am not too bothered with achievements - so I thought I would log in to Caravwel Net in TSS and download my previously purchased Holds there. One complete package, if you will.

I can download non-official holds in GatEB 5.1.1.561 just fine. But in TSS 5.1.1.561 the download and import process just stops near the end and the hold hasn't been imported. There is no drod.err file created to diagnose the problem. I could download the holds manually and import them of course but its a bit more time-consuming in terms of hold updates. And I don't get JtRH or TCB.

Thoughts? Or am I just crazy for trying?

[Last edited by tonyk at 01-19-2024 12:45 AM]
01-17-2024 at 09:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
tonyk
icon Re: 5.1.1.561 Steam TSS - Unable to download holds from Caravel Net (0)  
I ended up copying the *.dat content over from my GatEB installation (with the tss renaming), which works for the official holds.

However; unofficial holds still won't install (they will download but then abort during the import process).

01-23-2024 at 06:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
hyperme
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1073
icon Re: 5.1.1.561 Steam TSS - Unable to download holds from Caravel Net (+2)  
Due to Steam-related things, the Steam build of TSS doesn't support the downloading or importing of official holds. Tricks with dat files can get around that it seems but I don't know if it would cause other issues.

As for unofficial holds, that's much stranger. Downloading and importing of those should be identical in both TSS and Gunthro.

If importing holds via the import button in TSS works, it might be some sort of network issue. If other people have encountered or not encountered this issue that would be helpful to know.

[Last edited by hyperme at 01-23-2024 08:37 PM]
01-23-2024 at 08:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
tonyk
icon Re: 5.1.1.561 Steam TSS - Unable to download holds from Caravel Net (+2)  
I migrated to a linux non-steam build (latest I could find officially was 5.1.0.6513).

Now I am able to download Holds (official and non-official) just fine. Not sure why I couldn't with the later Steam build. Perhaps someone else who encounters the issue can weigh in.

01-23-2024 at 11:40 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : 5.1.1.561 Steam TSS - Unable to download holds from Caravel Net
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com