Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Set Monster Var on a serpent restores original HP when fighting the tail
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
IP: Logged
icon Set Monster Var on a serpent restores original HP when fighting the tail (+1)  
Set Monster Var in 1.3 is great for setting custom stats on large monsters. Unfortunately, if you use it on a serpent, the original HP is restored when you fight its tail, not the HP you set.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 10-04-2023 12:22 AM]
10-04-2023 at 12:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
IP: Logged
icon Re: Set Monster Var on a serpent restores original HP when fighting the tail (+1)  
So the good news is is that you can put an Each Victory jump on the character that sets the monster hp to reapply with every combat win in the room, which is a usable workaround to this bug. This is similar to what you have to do for tarstuff mothers, except using a different character.

Technically this isn't suitable if you've partially damaged the snake then kill a different monster in the room, but that's a very specific set of circumstances that is more in the realm of theory, nobody really makes things where you can partially apply damage to monsters, at least, nobody has published anything like that.
10-04-2023 at 09:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Set Monster Var on a serpent restores original HP when fighting the tail
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com