Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Imbue
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
RoboBob3000
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1980
IP: Logged

File: Imbue Thubnail 3.png (4.1 KB)
Downloaded 365 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Imbue (+7)  
Hey, old friends! It's been a while! I wanted to pop in to share a PuzzleScript game I made. It's called Imbue. Check it out!

https://wryandbeary.itch.io/imbue

It's not pretty, but it was fun to make. It's got 20 core puzzle levels, a "revisitable" hub world, and a few surprising solutions along the way.

There haven't been many eyeballs on this yet, so I'd love it if you all could do your Caravel Forum thing and hunt out bugs and unintended solutions with terrifying speed and laser accuracy.

I hope y'all are well. I miss the heyday of this place!

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 09-26-2023 07:14 AM]
09-26-2023 at 07:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1333
icon Re: Imbue (+2)  
Neat game!

Click here to view the secret text

09-28-2023 at 05:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1333
Oh, but a bug:

With sticky/strong boxes you can push two at a time. Strong boxes on their own only push the furthest box. Turns out not to be a problem, but it did trip me up for a bit.
09-28-2023 at 02:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
icon Re: Imbue (+1)  
Someone Else wrote:
Oh, but a bug:

With sticky/strong boxes you can push two at a time. Strong boxes on their own only push the furthest box. Turns out not to be a problem, but it did trip me up for a bit.

Not a bug! Good observation - it's worth thinking about why that might happen and remembering it for later. Thanks for playing!

Your Slippery 3 US is clever! Good find. I like it enough as an alternate solution that it's worth keeping.

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 09-28-2023 02:22 PM]
09-28-2023 at 02:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Karipto
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 79
Fun game! What is the intended solution for Slippery 1?

10-05-2023 at 11:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
icon Re: Imbue (0)  
Karipto wrote:
Fun game! What is the intended solution for Slippery 1?

Ah darn, I never saw that solution. Definitely not the intent. Not a big deal, since that stage is the intro to the mechanic. I did want to ensure that every level required use of the machine, though, and this is the first unintended solution I've heard of in any stage that skips it. Maybe I'll update the level with a deep hole on the tile directly underneath the source tile. Thanks for the report.

My intended solution

10-07-2023 at 07:42 AM
TripleM
Rank Points: 1375
icon Re: Imbue (+4)  
I haven't really visited this forum in years, other than popping in once or twice to see if there has been an Entry Point update.. but I do remember that anything RoboBob3000 was interested in generally interested me too :)

Only just started playing through this but definitely interesting to date. My only note is that you may want to reduce the repeat rate on keys slightly, since I often find myself moving twice and having to undo a step.

[Last edited by TripleM at 10-19-2023 08:49 AM]
10-19-2023 at 08:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Imbue
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes