Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Allow all equipment to use the same scripting triggers
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
IP: Logged
icon Allow all equipment to use the same scripting triggers (+1)  
I happened to glance at this old thread and while the main request was addressed, kieran mentioned something towards the end of the original post:

Alternatively, might simplify things if Custom Shields and Custom Accessories also worked with the Each Attack command, but this by itself is not enough because sometimes you will want this scripting to work without being tied to a particular piece of equipment.

Of course I have no idea how the code works so I don't know what the best solution would be. Maybe because in RPG using the command key works as a hidden piece of equipment it too could have Each attack and Each Defend work with it? I dunno!

I don't know much about RPG scripting, but this sounds like a good idea, so here's a thread requesting it.
06-05-2023 at 05:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Allow all equipment to use the same scripting triggers (0)  
PR (thanks, hyperme!)

Kieran, hyperme:
I'm merging this change for 1.3, but I'm guessing this change might modify/break some preexisting custom equipment scripted usage. Do we have a sense for what the potential scope of impact would be?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-07-2023 at 09:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2668
icon Re: Allow all equipment to use the same scripting triggers (+1)  
I think it is highly likely the impact on existing published holds is zero.

I am only aware of a single hold that uses Each Attack, and that's the mimic sword in Washed Ashore. However it's a weapon that uses Each Attack because Each Victory didn't exist back then. And this change won't affect that.

I'm very confident Each Attack wasn't used on a custom shield or accessory and similar for Each Defend, because it didn't work, so nobody would have done it.
06-07-2023 at 10:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Allow all equipment to use the same scripting triggers (+1)  
kieranmillar wrote:
I think it is highly likely the impact on existing published holds is zero.

I am only aware of a single hold that uses Each Attack, and that's the mimic sword in Washed Ashore. However it's a weapon that uses Each Attack because Each Victory didn't exist back then. And this change won't affect that.

I'm very confident Each Attack wasn't used on a custom shield or accessory and similar for Each Defend, because it didn't work, so nobody would have done it.
Thank you for confirming! Glad to hear we expect this to be a non-impactful expansion in functionality.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-08-2023 at 02:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Allow all equipment to use the same scripting triggers
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com