Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : CaravelNet login and membership issues (Have paid TWICE for CaravelNet membership renewal, still no response)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
JLE
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 46
IP: Logged
icon CaravelNet login and membership issues (+3)  
I have sent this by email, but am making a public complaint:

Hello. I received repeated reminders in the second half of November, about my CaravelNet Subscription (on the email account above, namely jle30303@gmail.com) apparently being about to lapse – despite the fact that, in fact, I re-purchased another year of subscription on Thursday 19 November (I still have the mail.)

Wondering if there had been a mistake, I renewed the subscription AGAIN, on December 2.

Then I checked back, and found out that there had NOT been a mistake: I still have all the receipts from “BMT Micro Orders” and an acknowledgement from Orders@Caravelgames.com. On 19/11/2021 AND the one on 06/12/2021.

Despite this, I continued to receive “last week” and “membership lapses tomorrow” notices even after re-purchasing subscription TWICE.

And now, when I log into DROD again, and intend to look up demos for certain levels that I’m having trouble with, it says “Not Connected To CaravelNet”. I have no access to the CaravelNet chat either. I am instead getting a notice "Your key is invalid, please request a new one", and requesting a new one says "Your membership has expired".

It has not expired because I have PAID UP TWICE ALREADY.

Please explain why I have not apparently had my subscription to CaravelNet renewed, despite PAYING TWICE: and explain why I was still getting letters badgering me to renew a subscription that was already renewed, and please either (1) refund the second renewal or (2) confirm that it will not need to be renewed for TWO years now, since I have now paid in advance for two annual subscriptions.

[Last edited by JLE at 01-15-2022 04:33 AM]
01-15-2022 at 04:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: CaravelNet login and membership issues (+6)  
JLE,

I apologize that our system is a little janky. I do see the two orders. When an order comes in, we don't automatically associate the product with the account that has the email address in the order, because people often buy things from multiple emails, or for other people. So we send out an email with a link that will allow you to associate the order with whatever account you want, or forward it to someone else so they can do so.

Perhaps those emails didn't make it to you, or got automatically filtered into spam.

I'm PMing the links to you. If you use both of them, then there will be 2 years added to your account. If you would rather just use one of them, then I ask that you send an email to miker@caravelgames.com, as Mike is the only one who can refund orders.

Sorry you had a bad experience with this.

01-15-2022 at 06:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
JLE
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 46
icon Re: CaravelNet login and membership issues (+3)  
Thank you very much. I have clicked both links after receiving through an in-forum PM, and it seems to be working. I am glad this company actually investigates cases like this, given that nothing ever works perfectly! Much better than many other companies in this regard actually.
01-15-2022 at 08:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1129
icon Re: CaravelNet login and membership issues (+1)  
I'm having the same issue, I just bought a renewal today at 7:23 PM EST and no activation email.

09-15-2023 at 12:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
Pinnacle wrote:
I'm having the same issue, I just bought a renewal today at 7:23 PM EST and no activation email.
Our apologies for the delay -- our server has been having issues sending out emails. Schik and I are aware of the root issue and he has a plan to address.

Meanwhile, please PM Schik or me to receive your activation link.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 09-29-2023 04:41 PM]
09-29-2023 at 04:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
MHighbrow
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 153
Hi there! Just reupped my CaravelNet subscription a few hours ago after letting it lapse a while back, but I haven't had the activation link yet. Has it been caught up in this, or am I just being impatient? Can email the receipt or PM the order number if needed.
10-15-2023 at 09:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
MHighbrow wrote:
Hi there! Just reupped my CaravelNet subscription a few hours ago after letting it lapse a while back, but I haven't had the activation link yet. Has it been caught up in this, or am I just being impatient? Can email the receipt or PM the order number if needed.
We're still working on fixing the issue. I've PM'd your activation link to you.

Thanks!

10-16-2023 at 01:10 AM
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1531
icon Re: CaravelNet login and membership issues (0)  
I think I've run into this, too--bought a 12-month renewal last night and haven't seen the activation link yet. Oddly, I didn't get the usual reminder email about the subscription being about to expire, either.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

11-20-2023 at 08:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
icon Re: CaravelNet login and membership issues (+2)  
If you go to your profile/purchases, you should be able to activate any purchases from your registered email that haven't been activated yet.

11-20-2023 at 09:21 PM
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1531
icon Re: CaravelNet login and membership issues (+2)  
That worked, thank you!

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

11-20-2023 at 11:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : CaravelNet login and membership issues (Have paid TWICE for CaravelNet membership renewal, still no response)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com