Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Allow player to enter on tar (when the entrance is blocked by a tarstuff pool)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kalin
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 185
IP: Logged
icon Allow player to enter on tar (0)  
I've seen a few older user holds that have backtracking issues because the player left through a tar pool and they can't go back.

Is there a reason to not allow players to use an entrance covered by a tar pool?

We already allow entering on closed doors (at least some types), and also secret/broken walls. If there's a problem with the player co-existing with tar, you can just destroy it automatically like when entering on a secret wall.

Consequences:
The only demos broken would be if it recorded a failed attempt to leave the room.

It may create some unintended solutions. But in the examples I've seen I had conquer the tar room first.

Example: Deep Hold, lv 5 3N3E to 2N3E
11-29-2021 at 03:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2384
icon Re: Allow player to enter on tar (0)  
I think there’s a pair of rooms late in KDD that actually depend on the current behavior.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
11-29-2021 at 05:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kalin
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 185
icon Re: Allow player to enter on tar (+2)  
If you're talking about the SW corner of lv 24, there's only one spot this applies, and you can't reach it from either direction.
11-29-2021 at 09:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Allow player to enter on tar (when the entrance is blocked by a tarstuff pool)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com