Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Best way of playing these games on Windows 10?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chuckorita
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Best way of playing these games on Windows 10? (+1)  
I remember playing the original game when I was really young and remembered it today, thought I would like to boot it up again, but I'm not sure if I'll have some issues running it in 2021? Am I worrying about nothing?
08-25-2021 at 07:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Best way of playing these games on Windows 10? (+1)  
Chuckorita wrote:
I remember playing the original game when I was really young and remembered it today, thought I would like to boot it up again, but I'm not sure if I'll have some issues running it in 2021? Am I worrying about nothing?
It's been actively maintained with new versions of the engine released this year. You should be good!

-Erik

08-25-2021 at 07:16 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Best way of playing these games on Windows 10? (0)  
I replied a little quick with an answer to the wrong question.

I'm not sure how the latest release runs on an older version of Windows. But I'd be optimistic about it working and just try it. Someone else may have a better answer for you.

-Erik

08-25-2021 at 07:18 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kaelyn
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 76
icon Re: Best way of playing these games on Windows 10? (+1)  
Chuckorita wrote:
It depends on just how "original" you want to go, but Architects' Edition (the oldest version available) runs just fine on Windows 10. No issues there.

For the franchise in general, the newest version of the newest game -- patch 5.1.1 -- is due for a release within a month at most. As Mr. Hermansen said, these games are very much still being added to and worked on to this day.
08-25-2021 at 09:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Best way of playing these games on Windows 10? (+2)  
Kaelyn wrote:
For the franchise in general, the newest version of the newest game -- patch 5.1.1 -- is due for a release within a month at most.
I like your optimism.
08-25-2021 at 10:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Illusionist
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
icon Re: Best way of playing these games on Windows 10? (0)  
I still have windows XP (which is why I can't update DROD RPG, and I probably won't update second sky for a while as well). I do have newer windows, but it's for work, not for games.

To my surprise, recently there is a massive sale of laptops with Windows XP, apparently people are nostalgic about it, and want to relive their childhood.

O Tempora O Mores

[Last edited by Illusionist at 08-30-2021 08:26 AM]
08-29-2021 at 06:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Best way of playing these games on Windows 10?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com