Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Undo button in editor does not grey out if you playtest and opt to discard changes
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
IP: Logged
icon Undo button in editor does not grey out if you playtest and opt to discard changes (+2)  
This is a minor thing, but I noticed it while doing some testing for EP and thought it was weird.

To reproduce:
-Edit a hold from another player profile. Make any change and playtest.
-When asked if you want to make a copy of the hold, select "No". This will revert changes.
-Stop the playtest. The Undo button will still be grayed out. Clicking on it will do nothing, as far as I can tell, but you'll get another prompt asking if you want to make a copy of the hold if you try to exit or playtest.

If you make a change and undo it, the Redo button remains usable. Clicking this will set things back to what they were before the Undo action. This seems like desirable behavior, at least. But the Undo behavior is weird and confusing; I would expect it to either be disabled, or to set things back to what they were before you opted to discard changes.
03-16-2021 at 10:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Undo button in editor does not grey out if you playtest and opt to discard changes
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com