Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : My Avatar
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1299
IP: Logged
icon My Avatar (+1)  
I just noticed that my avatar is gone - which is surprising to me as I've had it for many years. I don't want to simply reinstate it (or something substantially similar; it's not like I have the original image) without asking why. I vaguely recall having received retroactive permission at some point.

For reference (if it's one of those things that's recognizable but can't be called to mind) my avatar was Beethro stabbing a roach.

What's up?
03-12-2021 at 02:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2430
icon Re: My Avatar (+1)  
I happened to notice that Insoluble's avatar disappeared in another post, so I think this is affecting more than just you.
03-12-2021 at 03:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Rank Points: 1638
icon Re: My Avatar (0)  
Thanks Fogel. I Just noticed this too. For what it's worth my avatar was 100% my own creation and public domain, so I doubt it's a copyright thing.

03-13-2021 at 04:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Aquator
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 405
icon Re: My Avatar (+4)  
Both of your avatars are thankfully still saved on the site so you don't have to worry about any lost files. :)
Here's Someone Else's and here is Insoluble's avatar.
I suspect them not showing up is related to both of the directories including a blank space (Someone Else's in his user name and Insoluble's avatar file name, respectively) which might have something to do with a server update Insoluble mentioned in chat might have taken place.
03-13-2021 at 04:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Illusionist
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
icon Re: My Avatar (0)  
well my avatar IS copyrighted (Ghost Rider by Mark Texeira), but it shows, so it probably is what Aquator said. From time to time it seems like there are some server problems affecting the site.

[Last edited by Illusionist at 03-14-2021 01:12 PM]
03-14-2021 at 01:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
robin
Rank Points: 842
icon Re: My Avatar (+1)  
My avatar is gone too.
When I upload my avatar, for some reason the "https://" is duplucated in the link

I'm doing this on my phone by the way

04-10-2021 at 11:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : My Avatar
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com