Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Connecting to CaravelNet Freezes Game
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mauvebutterfly
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 720
IP: Logged
icon Connecting to CaravelNet Freezes Game (+1)  
This is an issue that I've been having with Entry Point. Other holds are working fine.

I suspect what is happening is that each time I save a demo (clear a room) the demo isn't getting sent, and then when I hit f6 or when I use stairs, the game freezes while waiting for connection to send all the demos.

I'm wondering if this is an issue with beta holds in general, if I somehow have the wrong EP version despite having done an update, if the server just can't handle the size of EP at this point, or even if it's an issue with being located in Korea.

Since I've only noticed this issue with EP, I suspect it's related to the hold in some way, but I haven't tested with other beta holds, so it might be a more general issue.

02-02-2021 at 01:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
icon Re: Connecting to CaravelNet Freezes Game (+1)  
I can confirm that this issue is not happening with other beta holds. Also, from chat, is seems like both the steam and gog installs are experiencing this issue.

Probably just that EP is too big if I had to guess.

02-02-2021 at 03:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
icon Re: Connecting to CaravelNet Freezes Game (+1)  
Fixed by Schik! Thank you for quickly looking into it and finding the issue.

Turns out the issue was with the beta score data. Unfortunately we lost all demos, but at least everything is working again.

02-02-2021 at 03:54 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Connecting to CaravelNet Freezes Game
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com