Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Bar Stew
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 460
IP: Logged
icon Re: Bar Stew (0)  
I'm pretty sure that's not possible, because the floating point precision thing is an intrinsic part of the programming language and computer data in general, which is always binary/base 2... or were you just joking?

05-07-2022 at 10:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1545
Chaco already pointed out that the percentage shown is precise.

The bar is pretty special; I'm sure if it wanted to show 96.3̅% it could do so.
05-08-2022 at 12:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
icon Re: Bar Stew (+3)  
Hi folks,

I'd like to apologize for the delays with this latest Treacle Stew update -- you all deserve some more transparency into what's going on, so I'll try and explain it fairly and accurately.

The step that's been holding everything up is a previously-undocumented audio editing step (adding reverb to most voice lines in the game), which was overlooked during the planning phase. I'd previously volunteered to do all the audio editing for the project, and although I had managed to get most of it done (voice re-takes, cuts, scripting, etc.), I simply haven't been able to get the last step done for a variety of reasons, both good and bad -- sure, I've been playing the latest games, but I've also had some family health problems and organization issues to help deal with, and some increasing responsibilities at work, and I may be taking it harder than I realize.

So, at this point, I'd like to reach out and ask for some help with audio editing, to get past this chokepoint and onto a release candidate phase where we can finish tying up loose ends. It would be a tremendous weight off my shoulders.

The arrangement would likely be similar to the voice actor or beta testing arrangement, where I can credit a copy of the finished Smitemasters' Selection to your account, or make other compensation as necessary.

Thanks for your patience, and I certainly hope the hold will be worth the wait.

07-26-2022 at 01:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
icon Re: Bar Stew (+2)  
Well! It's been a couple months even since the "it's been a couple months" post, but finally I've managed to catch up on Life In General, get the audio editing workflow better put together, and get a small update pushed.

96.53%

My offer for audio editing help is still open, but, fingers crossed, I think I can get things back on track myself and get this train slowly back up to speed.

10-10-2022 at 04:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
icon Re: Bar Stew (+1)  
So... did anyone else notice that the bar went up to 97.5%? :thumbsup

11-11-2022 at 12:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
It was at 96.63%, 96.78%, and 96.93% for some intermediate days too, but nobody logged it in the bar thread :look

Not to worry, for all the averagemoes of the world interested, I do have dated logs as to when the bar was at each point of its progress.

Also, the audio editing I mentioned in the above post is provisionally done.

[Last edited by Chaco at 11-11-2022 03:19 AM]
11-11-2022 at 03:18 AM
hyperme
Rank Points: 1060
98%! Things are moving along.

11-26-2022 at 06:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
robin
Rank Points: 842
99% !!! Almost :thumbsup

11-27-2022 at 12:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
azb
Does anyone know if Entry Point will also be completed soon, like the actual progress of it, or will it either not be posted until after Treace Stew is complete, or not posted at all?

I am referring to the progress bar of course, I know the actual hold will eventually be complete in general progress bar or not.

[Last edited by azb at 11-27-2022 06:57 PM : Clarification]
11-27-2022 at 06:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Red-XIII
Rank Points: 623
99.5%!
It seems that Treacle Stew got released, as I immediately bought it and downloaded it!
But why is it 99.5% and not 100% then?

12-02-2022 at 05:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
icon Re: Bar Stew (+2)  
Red-XIII wrote:
99.5%!
It seems that Treacle Stew got released, as I immediately bought it and downloaded it!

The Steam release and Caravel website updates are still a work-in-progress, accounting for the last 0.5%.

12-02-2022 at 07:20 PM
robin
Chaco wrote:
Red-XIII wrote:
99.5%!

The Steam release and Caravel website updates are still a work-in-progress, accounting for the last 0.5%.

99,7% guessing one of them is done :thumbsup

[Last edited by robin at 12-03-2022 12:29 PM]
12-03-2022 at 12:29 PM
Red-XIII
Rank Points: 623
99.8%!

12-04-2022 at 11:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kolbesag
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
Im guessing the steam release is the last thing on the agenda for Treacle Stew, happily anticipating it :thumbsup. Is it going to be DLC for Gunthro like the rest of the Smitemasters Selections?
12-06-2022 at 09:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
kolbesag wrote:
Is it going to be DLC for Gunthro like the rest of the Smitemasters Selections?

Yes, for consistency it's set to be a DLC for Gunthro: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1931190/DROD_Smitemasters_Selection_Expansion_13__Treacle_Stew

Last I heard, I believe mrimer is working out some minor technical difficulties directly with Valve before they can perform the release.

12-06-2022 at 10:19 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226

File: gunthrodlc.jpg (68.2 KB)
Downloaded 181 times.
License: Public Domain
I notice that Treacle Stew has been marked as released on Steam. It's supposed to be downloaded automatically once added to your account, but this isn't happening on my end. Perhaps the store-configuration is still incomplete.

See how TS doesn't have a filesize listed unlike the other DLC.

Click here to view the secret text

edit: seems to be all fixed now :thumbsup

[Last edited by Doom at 12-09-2022 10:17 PM]
12-09-2022 at 07:55 AM
robin
100% :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

12-12-2022 at 09:59 PM
azb
Now that we have been at 100% for some while, do you think a progress bar for Entry Point is in order, because I know it's a very big project that serves as sort of an ultimate beginner hold for DROD 5?

01-26-2023 at 01:14 PM
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Bar Stew
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com