Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : MacOS Big Sur trouble
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
asb
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
IP: Logged
icon MacOS Big Sur trouble (+3)  
Dear Drodders! I am sorry for bothering you like this but I need your help. I was playing drod like crazy with great pleasure and hefty bag of anguish. Took a break for some years and went back to it - ooh - such great time I've had discovering familiar puzzles again. Then... My Mac updated to Big Sur and I can't play it anymore. It doesn't work standalone nor on steam. I only get white screen mocking my enthusiasm. I have contacted support but no reply unfortunately. Maybe you guys are aware of the issue and could help me fix it. Pleasepleaseplease :):):)
11-25-2020 at 12:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2575
icon Re: MacOS Big Sur trouble (+2)  
asb wrote:
Dear Drodders! I am sorry for bothering you like this but I need your help. I was playing drod like crazy with great pleasure and hefty bag of anguish. Took a break for some years and went back to it - ooh - such great time I've had discovering familiar puzzles again. Then... My Mac updated to Big Sur and I can't play it anymore. It doesn't work standalone nor on steam. I only get white screen mocking my enthusiasm. I have contacted support but no reply unfortunately. Maybe you guys are aware of the issue and could help me fix it. Pleasepleaseplease :):):)
It always irritates me to no end when software stops working after a supposedly-benevolent O/S upgrade. I've taken to avoiding Mac upgrades until I'm two behind or Apple just forces me.

Yeah, I'm on Mojave now, so by my own standards it's about time to upgrade to Catalina. I'm not gonna touch Big Sur until it's properly burned in.

None of this helps you, sorry. And I'm on the outside of the Caravel team these days, so please don't interpret my comments as an official unhelpful response.

Best of luck. Maybe someone else will have something useful to add.

-Erik

11-26-2020 at 11:26 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1950
icon Re: MacOS Big Sur trouble (+3)  
Maybe the OP can try the 5.1.1 alpha and see if it works on Big Sur? Itís posted in this thread:
https://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=44738&page=2

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.

[Last edited by disoriented at 11-27-2020 12:11 AM]
11-27-2020 at 12:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
asb
icon Re: MacOS Big Sur trouble (0)  
Thanks Guys for your replies. Really appreciate it! I will perhaps contact steam and tell them about the issue. We'll see. Best!!!!
11-27-2020 at 07:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
disoriented
icon Re: MacOS Big Sur trouble (+2)  
Obviously Caravel wants to get TSS working on macOS 11. But in the meantime, another solution that might work for Big Sur users is CrossOver. I haven't tried it, but it seems like it could work.

11-28-2020 at 08:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
asb
icon Re: MacOS Big Sur trouble (+1)  
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!!! Mr Disoriented, it works like a charm!! You THE MAN! Thanks!!!
11-30-2020 at 08:37 AM
disoriented
icon Re: MacOS Big Sur trouble (0)  
So was it the alpha that worked, or the CrossOver suggestion?

11-30-2020 at 11:30 PM
asb
icon Re: MacOS Big Sur trouble (+1)  
disoriented wrote:
So was it the alpha that worked, or the CrossOver suggestion?

It was crossover.
12-01-2020 at 07:23 AM
lannen
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
icon Re: MacOS Big Sur trouble (+4)  
I just tried the build that was posted on 11/3 and it's working for me. There's lots I haven't tried yet, but I did play rooms in 2 separate holds with no issues.
12-02-2020 at 01:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : MacOS Big Sur trouble
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No