Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Briar expanding into a new component "breaks" red briar (Sound effect and particle to indicate behavior?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3626
IP: Logged
icon Briar expanding into a new component "breaks" red briar (+3)  
Building off of some briar behavior discussion in this briar bug thread...

I think Dragon Fogel sums up the behavior of briar expanding into a new component that has both withered (black) and live (red) bits in it, in that the joining and expansion process causes the black briar to grow and "overwrite" the red briar with new red briar, that happens to still look connected to the black briar.

(This is very visible in e.g. Advanced Concepts 2 : Briars : 3 South, 1 West or Don't Play This Dumb Hold : Some Dumb Rooms : 7 North)

I propose that when this happens, the game show some "briar destroyed" particle effects on the red briar tiles that were just grown over with new briar, and the "briar cut" sound effect from destroying it with a pickaxe - this might hint at the underlying behavior, without requiring any new art or sound assets. On the other hand I have no idea how hard this would be to implement.

11-24-2020 at 12:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
IP: Logged
icon Re: Briar expanding into a new component "breaks" red briar (0)  
I love it!

11-24-2020 at 08:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Briar expanding into a new component "breaks" red briar (Sound effect and particle to indicate behavior?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com