Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Regression: Room previews "collect" items at player coordinates
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
IP: Logged

File: BUG REPORT Previews collecting items.drh (938 bytes)
Downloaded 46 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Regression: Room previews "collect" items at player coordinates (+2)  
When previewing a room in the minimap, any items that are at the coordinates that your player is at will be "consumed" by the minimap preview. Similarly, any weapons will be "collected". The item disappears, and if the items confers any stats (like a stat gem or equipment), then it will impact the damage calculation of any monsters in the room, that will act as though you had collected the item.

In the attached demonstration hold, you can visit 1E, then go back to Entrance, stand on some square in the main section of the room, then click on 1E in the minimap, and it should be clear that the item at your coordinate has vanished. There is also a roach in the room so you can see how damage calculations change.

[Last edited by mrimer at 12-01-2020 11:24 PM]
11-21-2020 at 08:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Room previews "collect" items at player coordinates (0)  
Thanks. This was a regression caused by my earlier fixes for the player needing to interact with the room on entrance at the end of a cutscene.

Fixed in this PR.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-23-2020 at 02:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Regression: Room previews "collect" items at player coordinates (+1)  
Can confirm fixed in 1.2.8.365
12-02-2020 at 05:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Regression: Room previews "collect" items at player coordinates
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com